btwin ultra 740 cf review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anyone know anything about the btwin ultra 740 di2. i can't find any reviews.
A stunning bike, with a UCI frame ( so you can enter proper races and stuff). If you add up the cost of the components, they cost 140 quid more than the whole bike. So you get Ultegra Di2 group set, really decent wheels and tyres, a comfy brilliant saddle. Then they throw a corking frame in for free.:eek:

It gives a whole new meaning to value for money.

OP
OP
thunderlips76

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
it does look nice. and specced really high. But struggled to find any reviews.....just seems odd seen as theres plenty for the 720 af model

it does look nice. and specced really high. But struggled to find any reviews.....just seems odd seen as theres plenty for the 720 af model
The 740 CF is reviewed. It's the same bike, but one has Di2. And ( speaking as a 720 AF owner ) I can say, that the buzz is intense around it. More people have bought the 720, that's why there are more reviews.

My general understanding is that dealer price from supplier is approx half what dealer charges consumer. Usually. Of course dealer has overheads but basically selling a bike has a massive profit margin. Its great that decathlon choose to absorb some of that.

The vast majority of the sales pitch around frame design is just marketing- a one off cost that pays dividends across a model or range.

Ditto branding. Once you've secured a brand design its cheap to carry it across shape, size and colourway. If you sell a few units.

Meanwhile there are plenty of us who'll keep buying inappropriately expensive shoot that is the same shoot that decathlon sells for much less.

The phenomenon isn't restricted to bikes.

Top Bottom