Bucket list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
If you have an iPhone then 'find my phone' app allows you to be tracked without too much drain on the battery. This and regular texts and calls keeps the worriers happy. I also cut out and traced the route onto a road atlas and stuck it on the wall ( up the stairs as it was about 15ft long !!) so they could see where I was whenever I checked in !
And Find Friends allows you to share location without giving up credentials.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Just hand her your life insurance policy and she'll be fine, it works for me :thumbsup:

Falco Frank

Über Member
Apologies for not reading the whole thread but for my other half the 'unaided' would be the issue, she has no problem with me going off and doing (almost) anything as long as I have a partner in crime with me!

Hence, me and a buddy are off motorbiking in Canada later this year... 88 days and 18 hours (Yippee)

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Next year I turn the half century in age and want to do LeJog. How did you get the golden ticket pass out ???

I also turned the big 50 last year and like yourself want to do the LeJog in the next cpl of years.
Doing it on my own whilst the wife sits at home has always been a non starter, and as the wife does not drive it has resulted in the chance of doing it being around nil.

So a couple of months ago we have decided it would be a good idea if she learned to drive, with the thought of being a support driver not at all in the back of my mind, so she is happy at the thought of getting through her test, i have planted the seeds of joining me on the LeJog as back and she is all for it, just meeting at lunch and at the hotel for the evening to talk about the day etc.

If you are going alone and have an android/apple phone there is an app i use called followmee.com that send out a position to their web site map so you can be tracked by anyone with the password to your account, its on a real time map.
The settings let you choose from sending your position from every 2 hours all the way down to ever 2 mins.
I use it all the time when i am out riding so the wife can have a check and have a rough idea when i will be back home based on my last position.

Last edited:
Until the last few years when illness limited us, my wife used to buy me a train ticket somewhere with the instruction to " cycle back"

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I called in there with my cousin after going out to watch stage 2 of the Tour de Yorkshire. It took us a while to find them down some backstreet on a bit of an industrial estate!
I was expecting a quaint little bike shop but as long as they do a good job I am happy.The chap I spoke too knew his stuff even though he could turn milk with his dullness ! In the end we got a nice list together and put a deposit down for the new,green machine which will match my old Skoda when I get my finger out and get that on the road

Top Bottom