'Budget' Carbon Seat Post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The saddle clamp on my Condor-badged carbon seat post has 'rounded off', to such an extent that the saddle was often tilting up at the front during last Saturday's Sportive.
blush.gif

I've tried re-digging the grooves/slots but am not convinced it will be a long-term solution, as the metal (alloy ?) seems very soft.

I also want to change to a two-bolt saddle clamp, thus eliminating this wear issue in the future.

Most carbon seat-posts appear to cost too much but I believe there are some reasonable offers out there.

I am looking for a "budget carbon seat post with a two-bolt saddle clamp."

Can anyone steer me in the right direction, please ? [< £ 50 ??]

Globalti

Legendary Member
I bought some carbon MTB forks here: http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2 very good they are too. They sell seat posts.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aye, I saw that but I think it is not a 2-bolt clamp ...

It appears to be the same type of clamp which I already have - and with which I have ishoos
angry.gif

It also look very (very) similar to the Condor-badged one I have
whistling.gif

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Chain reaction cycles are doing a tifosi seat post for under £30....I purchased one and can confirm quality

I also have a Tifosi carbon seatpost, its not your normal carbon affair though I dont think, its some other polymer based material wrapped in carbon I think. I dont know much about this stuff though, so I'll shush... quality is good IMO but like you say might not be the right clamping mechanism you are after.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ordered an eXotic Carbon Matrix II seatpost at 1434 on Wednesday.

Arrived at 1230 today, < 2 days later.
thebiggrin.gif

Impressive delivery - hope the product is as successful
thumbsup.png

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ordered an eXotic Carbon Matrix II seatpost at 1434 on Wednesday.

Arrived at 1230 today, < 2 days later.
thebiggrin.gif

Impressive delivery - hope the product is as successful
thumbsup.png

Keep us posted. (Sorry!)

Top Bottom