Budget cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
A Berlingo :okay:

Chief Broom

Veteran
Theyre tremendously versatile and user friendly- can camp/put bikes in/shift a piano! :laugh:
DSCF3783.JPG

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whats the budget. Berlingo will fulfill most duties and can be a micro camper, one of the new models is on my short list.

If you want a run about, can't go wrong with a Yaris or more basic Aygo. Cheap as chips. Just watch where they are from as underneath can corrode if from seaside or North East/Scotland due to increased salt. If its been looked after, they run and run. Our old 1999 Yaris is still running locally.

I would be wary of cars with such a short MOT
Maybe do a deal where you pay for an MOT and if it passes - or only needs a bit of cheap work doing then you buy it

Then you have a safe car for a small amount of money

Oh - and saw something the other day (not even sure if it was on a newspaper website or the telly - saying that huge numbers of cars on Facebook Marketplace are scams
telling point is if they do seem to like the idea of you coming over to look at the actual car!!
or say they will bring it over to you first

But obviously there are also a lot of genuine ones on there - just be careful (as always!)

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Whats the budget. Berlingo will fulfill most duties and can be a micro camper, one of the new models is on my short list.

If you want a run about, can't go wrong with a Yaris or more basic Aygo. Cheap as chips. Just watch where they are from as underneath can corrode if from seaside or North East/Scotland due to increased salt. If its been looked after, they run and run. Our old 1999 Yaris is still running locally.

£1000.

Don't want a very small car as will be doing long motorway driving sometimes with kids.

Yeap the 1.9tdi a gem!

No rush tbh as the cash in the van is better accessed post divorce.

I wouldn't worry too much about mileage if the car has been serviced and cared for. Diesel VWs go forever. I'd avoid a petrol one though.

Personally, I'd recommend a Toyota Yaris.

Yes the garage I get our cars serviced at always recommend Yaris. They see lots and never much needed to do on them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can now classify a Range Rover as a budget car. Cheap as chips that's if you can put up ith constant failures, high insurance and fuel costs. :smile:
Plus of course you'll be driving the most hated vehicle by cyclists, aside from Audi's and BMW's of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom