Budget cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Berlingos are huge. For a budget car get something little. Unless you have a real need to move tons of stuff around.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
🫣

97d5-f156c58c63e5.15bab1f05d1e23524315be3bb60838c5.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A Berlingo :okay:

I think the Peugeot Partner which looks identical has a better spec.
The rear seats are easy to remove which is needed to get my Tadpole trike in and the Delta one is longer but still fits tho’ the front wheel intrudes at the driver’s elbow.
Bikes can go in diagonally and easier with the rear seats removed.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Berlingos are huge. For a budget car get something little. Unless you have a real need to move tons of stuff around.

I don't really want a very small car for driving 260 mikes up and down motorway possibly with kids. (Worst case is I relocate south...)
I'll keep my transit van till things calm down/ finalised tbh.
Just thinking aloud!

Gunk

Guru
Going through a really messy and very unexpected divorce.....

Maybe I'll start a thread as it's totally alien to me...

My heart goes out to you, I went through a hideously expensive divorce in 2001. Ended up losing all the toys, fancy lifestyle and a house, however met a fantastic girl a year later and here we are in 2023 married almost 20 years now with a 21 and 18 year old. much poorer but far happier!

figbat

Slippery scientist
How about a Škoda Roomster or Honda Jazz?

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
My heart goes out to you, I went through a hideously expensive divorce in 2001. Ended up losing all the toys, fancy lifestyle and a house, however met a fantastic girl a year later and here we are in 2023 married almost 20 years now with a 21 and 18 year old. much poorer but far happier!

Thanks that's how it's going tbh. Have a good solicitor so hopefully will get through it.
We were married for 22 years and she's pulled the plug.

stephec

Legendary Member
It's steady but not quick. Ours is a 1.6 petrol Peugeot that's done 170,000 miles - it'll run forever at 70 but anything above 80 and it starts to struggle.
And how would you know that sir?

Well actually I don't as this car won't do more than 70, ahem, cough, honest officer, errrm... 😂

Top Bottom