Budget cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
So a freind has offered me a 13 plate v60 Volvo 100k miles 2.0 diesel for trade in money. A few scratches etc but good spec.
Obviously very reliable but a good buy compared to say a Skoda Octavia?

Drago

Legendary Member
Depends which 2.0 engine it has.

If its the small bore 5 pot, then its liable to be tough.

The 4 pot is a Ford/PSA unit and not the most robust.

But after 11 years it'll likely come down to how diligently it has been maintained rather than any notional idea about one brand being more reliable than another. It takes a lot to kill a 5 pot Volvo, but it is possible to neglect them so badly its uneconomical to get them back on song again.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Depends which 2.0 engine it has.

If its the small bore 5 pot, then its liable to be tough.

The 4 pot is a Ford/PSA unit and not the most robust.

But after 11 years it'll likely come down to how diligently it has been maintained rather than any notional idea about one brand being more reliable than another. It takes a lot to kill a 5 pot Volvo, but it is possible to neglect them so badly its uneconomical to get them back on song again.

She's well maintained it. Got the cambelt done etc!

ricknmorty28

That's why I tend to actually buy my cars outright and then keep them until archaeologists start taking an interest - I don't get bent over and have my pants pulled down by market forces every time a transistor manufacturer in Turkenistan stubs his toe and dies of sepsis.

I have always financed my cars and I have not yet had an issue, if you work with a proper broker like streamline who i previously used, then you shouldn't have issues at least after a couple years you have the option to keep or change, i'd much rather have something new then buy and keep a car for 10 years but suppose thats down to personal preference

Top Bottom