Budget Deficit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Not talking about the national one,that pales into insignificance compared to whats about to happen to the family one. Since having the kids in the last 6 years the bulk of surplus funds has been spent on them with the odd new bike:biggrin:.

But at the weekend:ohmy: Lukes mum declares " Im going to start competing the horses seriously next year". So this week the Farrier pays a visit (I think he was probably invited;)) £140 ! for two sets of shoes and, thats going to be every 6 weeks! and thats just the start.... There goes n+anything. Oh well the things we do for the ones we love:thumbsup: .

Who puts the biggest hole in your finances,you or the other half.:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
me, i don't have another half :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
buggi said:
me, i don't have another half :biggrin:

Me too. As long as I can eat, and keep a roof over my head and so on, the rest is mine to play with. Although there isn't a lot spare, but it does for me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The other half; I'd be happy to live in a shed but she insists we have to refurbish the house from top to bottom, which has soaked up over £50,000 of our cash since we moved in. I even had to sell my beloved Land Rover to finance the new boiler!

Kablinsky

The missus. She doesn't want to know about our finances and prefers to spend in ignorance. However, If I sneakily make any money on the markets (rarely) it is diverted into the Kablinsky Cycling Fund without her knowledge.

gavintc

Guru
My son completes his uni education tomorrow. Hopefully, (if he gets a job) the Bank of Dad demands will reduce significantly.

Kablinsky

magnatom said:
Not the other half. The kids!!! Blimey they are expensive, and they haven't even reached school yet! :biggrin:

Actually I stand corrected. Most of the money the wife spends is on the kids. 2 girls = 2 weddings = skint

ChrisKH

Guru
Our biggest fund taker has always been holidays so we are all to blame. I've said to them all that this year is the last big one for a while, otherwise I'll never retire (or get a new bike). So it's Butlins or Pontins next year, or a caravan on Canvey Island for a couple of weeks. ;)

gavintc said:
My son completes his uni education tomorrow. Hopefully, (if he gets a job) the Bank of Dad demands will reduce significantly.

If he isn't married yet, you still have the biggest expense to come!;)

Top Bottom