"budget " tyre test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
never ran Zaffiro, but I swapped Conti ultra sports and Lifeline Prime armour, between by single speed london commuter and my winter road bike. I can't say I noticed the supposedly big increase in rolling resistance of the Primes. I will endorse their conclusion that the puncture protection in the ultra sports is somewhat lacking. When I sold the single speed recently it had the ultra sports on it and I've kept the Primes!

GuyBoden

Guru
Good article, my fav quote:

"Most road tyres will last between 2,000km and 5,000km, but the good news is that cheaper tyres tend to use harder wearing rubber than speedy summer tyres - so not only do they cost less, they'll likely last you longer too!"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not had any issue other that a moss covered steep descent with the Zaffiro.

Will be going Rubino Pro on best bike next as the rear is wearing out.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve run ultra sports III and punctures really weren’t all that often.

vickster

Legendary Member
The only time I’ve come off on a wet greasy road was on nearly new Zaffiro pros on the 🦄 leading to a scraped shifter and similarly new torn lizardskins bartape :angry:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
mine weren't either (twice in whatever timespan, both with winter road grit/flint), but infinitely more times than the lifelines.

I swap tyres between winter and summer. Not so much winter bike and summer bike as winter tyres and summer tyres. Puncture protection is more important to me when it’s cold. I fit marathon supreme for winter

Top Bottom