Budget tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Why?

If you have found one you are happy with, that fits your budget, why go with something else?

Fancy a change better performance??

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Not sure the Rubinos would have fared much better. I haven’t found the Zaffiros slippy.

Brought the robino and they feel much more rubbery than wiggle tyres and much more supple than conti at that price point.
Bargain for £12 each!

Now watch me get a pu******re tonight!!

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Certainly not for cyclists who do any reasonable amount of miles. They are your main point of contact with the ground, and you need to be able to rely on them.

I think robino are good tyres as good as ultra sport foldings. I don't like wired tyres being heavier.
I like a supple ride too.

Paying £50 a tyre isn't vmf for me others might disagree.

Alex321

Veteran
I think robino are good tyres as good as ultra sport foldings. I don't like wired tyres being heavier.
I like a supple ride too.

Yes, Rubino (sic) are decent tyres - they are not what most people would call budget tyres.

Paying £50 a tyre isn't vmf for me others might disagree.

For tubed tyres, agreed. £25-£30 is about as much as I'm willing to pay. But I'm not going to buy real budget end tyres at £10-£15 either (unless they are more expensive ones on sale).

Tubeless tend to be a bit more expensive.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Yes, Rubino (sic) are decent tyres - they are not what most people would call budget tyres.

For tubed tyres, agreed. £25-£30 is about as much as I'm willing to pay. But I'm not going to buy real budget end tyres at £10-£15 either (unless they are more expensive ones on sale).

Tubeless tend to be a bit more expensive.

£12 I thought was really cheap!

Top Bottom