Bug bites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
This year I'm coming up in lumps after being bitten by some flying insect or another. I've never had this problem before, usually any bites cause a small itchy lump for a day or so, but this year I'm getting a lot of swelling and they takes 4 or 5 days to go away.

Anyone else getting this this year?

Sandra6

Veteran
I always get bitten by anything flying past with teeth. I haven't noticed any more or less this year.
Avon do a skin conditioning spray -has an S on the bottle - which is a very good bug deterrent.
After the attack I find anthisan to be the best cream to apply.

Kies

Yes I have had a few bites this year, but then I have been wearing shorts a lot more. The bites were from horse flies me thinks

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Bugs just LOVE me - its the horse flies that i hate !! i try to remember to spray any exposed flesh before going out, but they have been known to bite under my shorts somehow !!

Aga

Regular
Yeast tablets are good to prevent bites. Example- I started to eat them a couple of years ago, few months before me and me ex went to Cuba.Every day he woke up with nasty bites on his body but there was none on me ;) ;) Some say marmite is good too, but I cannot stand the thing :sad:

Top Bottom