Build up to the 2017 season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Also a 850+km transfer between two stages

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I seem to have lost all interest this year. We'll see what happens when the classics start, but right now I don't think I could care much less.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Cannondale are going to have to get their social media quirkiness persona sorted, tiresome bollocks that it is.
And get their on road shitiness sorted at the same time.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I seem to have lost all interest this year. We'll see what happens when the classics start, but right now I don't think I could care much less.
Thanks for sharing.
Have you thought about popping into the football thread to tell them you don't like football, or the beer thread tell them ...
...oh hang on a mo...:okay:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Thanks for sharing.
Have you thought about popping into the football thread to tell them you don't like football, or the beer thread tell them ...
...oh hang on a mo...:okay:

Don't be a twat, rich. You know I have been a regular here for as many years as you, have always been an enthusiastic follower of pro-cycling, and I'm not one of the only-interested-when-the-Tour-is-one crowd either. I am very happy to imagine that it's just me, but does it not seem that this start of this season seems particularly underwhelming and uninspiring in the light of things like Team Bahrain and the endless Sky TUE stuff.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Don't be a twat, rich. You know I have been a regular here for as many years as you, have always been an enthusiastic follower of pro-cycling, and I'm not one of the only-interested-when-the-Tour-is-one crowd either. I am very happy to imagine that it's just me, but does it not seem that this start of this season seems particularly underwhelming and uninspiring in the light of things like Team Bahrain and the endless Sky TUE stuff.
Yeah, I know monkey man. It was a tongue in cheek tease. We can ill afford to lose knowledgeable posters on here though, so I hope you get your mojo back.
FWIW, I find the whole russian bear, sky, tue fiasco slightly dispiriting too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
The Tour Méditerranéenne has been cut from 5 days to 2, due to reported shortage of Police; same week in February as the (no longer) Qatar tour.

All looking rosy for the 2017 season...

http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/55052/la-mediterraneenne-reduite-a-deux-etapes
It has just been announced that the Tour Méditerranéenne has been cancelled.

http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/55786/la-mediterraneenne-annulee

Not enough Rozzers
http://www.velonews.com/2017/01/news/la-mediterraneenne-cancelled-due-police-force-shortage_428084

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Just spotted that @rich p 's protege has signed for AnPostChainReaction, another step in the right direction
C10yEqtWgAAzYoI.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The Yates bros are having a gentle start to 2017.
Both have only participated in the Volta Valenciana race, with a best placing of 91st for Adam and 115th for Simon.

Top Bottom