Builder wants deposit for materials ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So true, and a personal recommendation is the best route to go down.
Yes, ours roofer coming to do the extension roof is a personal recommendation from a relative who had him over to do some work on their renovation/grand design, he’s done a good job so happy to have him do ours. For the back of the house he quoted a similar price to @cyberknight and then roughly the same again to put fascias and guttering on the front side as scaffold is required to get to the two apex points as they are so high.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I've had some great tradespeople from the My Builder website, you put your job up and tradespeople reply and you chose who you want. They have feedback from other jobs they have done. I've not had any bad ones from this, they have all been good. I have had some bad experiences with people who advertise in local magazines etc and people with excellent online reviews.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Apologies if this is already covered but have you any way of speaking to a previous customer? You need to speak to real people not go by reviews left on internet sites

.I know someone who was badly ripped off by a builder who was very highly rated on some trades . Com type website.probably reviews left by mates and family members.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Getting another quote from another builder who did behind us , its all a waiting game atm anyway as im waiting on the bank to approve the lending as we are getting the downstairs toilet put in if we can .we had a kitchen loan and its secured on the property so need their ok for the bank to lend us more

Top Bottom