Building a couple of 20" wheel tadpole e-trike from scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Enjoyed your video and pics are superb what a nice ride out you had

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Another good long weekend break away with the e-trikes , and met up with John P the local velo owner , The Seachers ( 1960's group were on ) and we also used the sites sauna , steam room and swimming pool , what more can we say , It was the first time we used our new to us replacement caravan and awning despite a few little teething troubles we had a great long weekend away . Now we are planning another before winter comes and spoils our fun

regards emma

WP_20160910_22_26_44_Pro_1.jpg

WP_20160911_17_30_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20160909_18_26_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20160911_10_42_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20160911_11_21_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20160912_12_07_16_Pro.jpg

image hosting over 5mb

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
With the sun getting lower in the sky and the nights drawing in , the last few weeks have been spent in making the most of the mild weather .
Virtually no building work except for the addition of the hard bags on the new trike but a lot more triking .

Another long weekend down to Selsey ( rather expensive as it fell on 1/2 term at £45 a night ) its usually £70 for the weekend at this time ,
but it was the only time could get time off . Still the weather was mild and we enjoyed the weekend , the last until next year as its getting cold and dark too early for decent rides . The moles had been enjoying themselves at the campsite with plenty of molehills on some of the pitches .I suppose that happens when you cull the resident rabbits .
moles.jpg

Lunch at Bracklesham Bay after using the permissive bridle ways and side roads
kentrike1.jpg

brakbay.jpg

ontrail.jpg

before returning to Bunn , Warner Farm for dinner we prepared earlier in the slow cooker .
The weather was still mild this weekend so we rode out to Brighton and had Tea and cake at the under cliff cafe at Ovingdean
ovingdean30oct.jpg

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Well its that time of the year again

The fourth annual Zombie fest , a collection of old farts that should know better, meeting at a Campsite in Lancing in Sussex for another long weekend of Trikes , ( with a total age in excess of 300 years )
The weekend consisted of :-
Riding , discussing projects and of course good food and fine wine ( and spirits )

Hilary came down from Bolton and Danny came down from Essex with the other 3 of us being relative local .

What could go wrong -

My mother got admitted to hospital on the friday night , luckily her neighbour went to the hospital and stayed with her until she was admitted ( she is back home now )

Saturday was windy with a stinging rain hitting us in the face when we triked over to Goring.

Rusty the Rapion £750,000 , 80 ton digger was still stuck in the sand ( almost 3 months ) on the sea bed and it was still an attraction on the sea front ( it was pulled from the seabed yesterday by a 300 ton rescue raft /barge to go to Southampton ) note .( photos show its rescue yesterday and Kite surfers last Saturday )

Sunday we had a short ride out to Fort Shoreham by the harbour where Danny showed us how to capsize his trike , followed by an easy afternoon on that final whole day and John went to bed early as he felt a bit unwell .BUT at 22:30 he crawled out of his tent gasping he needed a Doctor , 3x9's later an ambulance drew up and after stabilising his asthmatic problem,then took him to the local hospital for a check up , discharged at 04:00 he rang me to collect him and eventually we all got back to sleep by 5 am .

Other photos just show that we were enjoying ourselves and the John designed hydraulic ram operated trike carrier in action . This attaches to the towbar and gentle raises to put the trike in position on the rear with the rams taking the load .
Hilary's pedal trike was the only non electric trike but we towed her several times when the wind was at its worst in the unprotected sea side part of the cycle track .

Would we do it again - of course we would, it was great fun andas good friends we club together when the going get tough .
and now the photos, that are worth a couple of hundred words from the Atomic Zombie site

Danny , John and another triker from Northampton are going mid July for a 2 week tour of Holland .

WP_20170623_17_32_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20170624_13_22_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20170625_09_14_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20170625_19_30_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20170625_19_31_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20170625_19_33_04_Pro.jpg
zf071.jpg

zf2.jpg

zf3.jpg
rusty1.jpg
https://postimg.org/image/mrgdlpf2f/
rusty2.jpg
https://postimg.org/image/mrgdlpf2f/
rusty3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20170709_12_58_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20170709_12_57_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20170709_12_39_51_Pro.jpg
While this lovely weather stays with us we are trying to make the most of it .
Two short but nice rides over the weekend, the first to a hostery in Rottingdean for an evening drink , and a Sunday morning ride out to our usual café on the way back we ventured to the dead end of the undercliff way , after a chat with some interested df bikers we continued on our way home

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Last nights early evening Pub run only 9 miles but 1800 ft accumulative climb , getting cooler , while we were they a lady stopped us and said her hubby had built one and he was in the hotel , 5 minutes later he arrived and we chatted for half hour before they went for a fish and chip supper and we rode home . Another great short swift evening ride .
rotpub1.jpg
rotpub2.jpg

later's emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Thank you @fixedfixer I have a Roland Vinyl cutter and make my own ( and other peoples graphics )
The graphics are similar on both trikes but the white on blue stands out more than the black on red .
I can offer Pink , white , silver , red and black and I'm not expensive .
Any one interested PM me for a quote .

Regards emma

AndyBa

Can I just ask how you "modified" none disk wheels to accept disks?
I need to make a matching pair of front wheels for my KMX x class and have settled on 20mm Hope Pro 2 hubs which will need machining to match the stub axles.

Top Bottom