Building a couple of 20" wheel tadpole e-trike from scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Well The weather hasn't started off very well for us , even down here in the south so rather than get wet and cold yesterday we started the pre season maintenance on the trikes , Both rear tyres were replaced and the panniers had to come off for Kens . followed by the normal "once disturbed its readjustment time " Next weekend its replace the tyre on the front of mine and a little bit of paintwork come on England we want our SPRING .
The storage rack doubles as a double maintenance rack and helps prevent a bad back.

regards emma

mday1.jpg
mday2.jpg

fixedfixer

Veteran
Canee see any snow in that photo? Still got six inch covering up here,

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
@fixedfixer ,

The snow all went in 36 hours , Just wet and windy down here now.
Lots of bits and pieces to complete now before the caravanning and biking starts
Including some decorating , carpet laying , and three rooms to finish off .

At least the car has an MOT currently we are still awaiting a replacement drive shaft as we need to replace an oil seal before we start towing . I got out for an hour last week and hope to get out again during the week but work( outstanding jobs ) come before pleasure.

later's emma

What 20" (406) tyres do you use?

I bought my streetmachine with marathons but a variant I've never heard of like marathon street or something. It looks a lighter, more supple version.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
What 20" (406) tyres do you use?

I bought my streetmachine with marathons but a variant I've never heard of like marathon street or something. It looks a lighter, more supple version.

We use a variety of tyres .
I prefer the Eastern burnouts which are a low rolling resistance 2.1 slick tyre , the original rims on the front of my red trike were too wide for some narrow tyres and l sourced 12 of these bmx burnout tyres while stocks lasted. Sadly I only have a couple left .
Ken's tyre have a road tread 1.95 kenda tyre on the front and a 2.1 on the rear

Despite a heavier tread pattern than mine his trike's tyres throws up less water than mine.

Marathon speed tyres were a lightweight version , I have a pair on another trike but don't think they will last very long.

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
After a bad start to the morning, l did manage to spend a little time replacing the front tyres on my trike , sadly l have used the last pair of eastern burnouts.
I liked these as you can fit and remove them by hand and they have low rolling resistance .

I have managed to get a set of 3 marathon speed at a good price so l have spares for next year.

WP_20180314_15_24_58_Pro.jpg

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi folks

The Easter long weekend was a bit of a wash out to say the least , Luckily Ken and I sneaked in another day allowing us a 5 day break, We managed a couple of short rides a total of 33 miles without getting wet , only one problem, Ken's trike broke it's USS spindle as we left home on Sunday morning , We robbed a rear hub of it's bearings , cones and spindle and quickly rebuilt it , despite the little disruption we still managed 13 miles before lunch the other 20miles were done on Tuesday as the weather perked up . A nice ride out from Peacehaven thorough Brighton to hove lagoon and back stopping atbTescos in Rottingdean for lunch before getting home to put the trikes away before a large amount of wetness descended on us about 5 minutes after we opened the garage and put the trikes away.
The i360 seemed busy as we rode past , somehow it reminds me of a sore finger on the skyline
WP_20180403_13_04_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20180403_13_03_54_Pro.jpg

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
WP_20180610_14_29_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20180517_14_27_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20180627_17_28_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20180627_17_28_07_Pro.jpg
WP_20180610_14_29_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20180517_14_27_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20180515_12_48_30_Pro.jpg
lots of weekend rides on these trikes as well as a weeks holiday in the forest.
This pair of trikes are getting well used .
selection of photos since may of things that have happened.including a group we met on holiday.
WP_20180627_17_28_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20180627_17_28_07_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
After dinner last night as the day cooled down we decided to go for a short evening ride . Out to Brighton makes it 10 miles and with a detour onto Rottingdean added an extra mile as a detour to the plough Inn , a nice summers evening finished off with a drink before returning home before lighting up time . More miles and more smiles.
will try again to upload files later -

regards Emma

Top Bottom