Building a new Tarmac SL4 tonight....woohoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My cycling buddy wrote off his almost new Tarmac SL4 two weeks ago but has been able to claim off his insurance, who delivered a replacement on Tuesday via Wheelies Direct, who were pretty quick and efficient.

So tonight I'm doing the spannering and he's supplying the neck oil and we're going to set up the replacement and strip down the crashed bike to sell the bits, which the insurance co don't want. We will put the old wheels (wobbly front trued up by me) on it and sell the new Fulcrum S5 wheels, unused, as well as the complete 105 groupset and saddle, bars etc. and for fun, this summer I'm going to have ago at repairing the damaged chainstay on the broken bike - nothing ventured, nothing gained etc.

The funds earned by selling the old kit will buy him a set of Ksyrium SLS or whatever funds will allow.

I've an interest in getting my buddy back on the bike because he's a valued cycling companion.

*Rubs hands with glee and checks time again*

Reactions: gbb

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Since the insurance company were quick to pay up, how about naming them too! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
The insurance co was Axa, who own Wheelies Direct.

Before selling the groupset he's got to square the money arrangements with his wife because she thinks the funds obtained from selling bits should go on the credit card that was used to buy it.

Pouf! Quel manque de savoir-faire!

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
I'd also like to point out that *someone* was also dragged along by their ear and told to make the refreshments whilst @Globalti got to do all the interesting bits. Hence I stole some tyres and tubes to prepare the wheels.

Top Bottom