Bulldog's Birthday Workout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Today I am 71 years old, and I’m feeling in a very good mood. I am a new man. I have become a Dharma practitioner.

You are not going to believe this but straight after my last post on the forum around 5.00 pm Wednesday 12th February I received a telephone call from the Head “Trapa” of a Tibetan Buddhist Monastery in Nagqu. His said his name was Damchoe, and he wanted to reward me for publicising Himalayan Salt on the forum. Apparently his Grandfather is the major shareholder in a company that is doing the mining bit of it on the slopes of Mount Everest, and as the business had picked up lately he wanted to invite me to come and stay at his monastery free of charge.

His English was immaculate. In his youth he had been a football apprentice at the Millwall FC Academy but failed to make the grade. So he had turned to Buddhism, which a lot of them do I’m told. As he had anticipated a positive answer from me, he had already dispatched Ari Cripps (named after a Millwall FC legend, and a mate of his from the Millwall FC days), to pick me up in his taxi, and take me to the airport and get the next flight out to Kathmandu. How could I possibly refuse this honourable Trapa.

He had sensed my pain on the forum, and as pain was right up his street, he invited me to be an honorary student of Buddhism for a few days to chill me out. He said that I should adopt a different name other than my own for the duration of the visit, and if it was OK with me he would use the name of Bulldog.

To cut a long story short I went, I studied, and I have come back a different person. It’s a tough course, you see Buddhism has these 4 truths:
This is Pain.

This is the origin of Pain.

This is the cessation of Pain.

This is the path leading to the cessation of Pain.

So basically there’s a lot of pain. No pain No gain (heh heh). The Five Tibetan rites are not as easy as they look either, and it’s fair to say I’m not as flexible as I used to be. My joints are a bit stiff these days. However I passed the course and as mark of respect he presented me with a gong, a model Buddha (from the souvenir shop), and a T shirt upon which is emblazoned a symbolic graphic representation of my new Buddhist identity. A Bulldog.

On coming back to England I found that in my absence I’d been banned from the forum. However with my new found inner peace I calmly thought that the ban was no more no less than I deserved, so it didn’t really affect me. A bit like getting suspended from playing football whilst you’re recovering from an injury. Same as makes no difference.

Anyway I would like to share this video with you which I have made for my Grandchildren. Firstly it’s intended to be a bit of fun and secondly, it’s something they can remember me by when the Grim Reaper eventually takes me away. I’m a living example of how no matter what the establishment rules and guidelines may say, you should have an open mind and follow your instincts regarding a healthy life style.

Anyway I digress. Here’s me at 71, wearing my new T shirt, and banging my own gong; doing what I hope to be able to do for many more years yet.
Shanti Shanti Shanti

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03N5vo2F3A

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3knVUkRaUU

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is your mate a Prince from Nigeria with loads of cash he want's to launder through Himalayan salt stocks ? Or have you been on the shandy ?

classic33

Leg End Member
"The basis of Buddhism is a doctrine known as the Four Noble Truths.
The First Truth is that suffering, pain, and misery exist in life.
The Second Truth is that this suffering is caused by selfish craving and personal desire.
The Third Truth is that this selfish craving can be overcome.
The Fourth Truth is that the way to overcome this misery is through the Eightfold Path."

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think your grand kids will be appalled

by the use or portrait rather than landscape to record the videos.
I think it would be the other way round - they would be appalled if landscape were used! Nearly everybody these days seems to record videos (and take photos) in portrait mode using their phones. They are extremely reluctant to use landscape mode even when it is pointed out to them that portrait looks awful on landscape screens such as laptops and TVs, whereas phones and tablets can easily be rotated to landscape for viewing.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I think your grand kids will be appalled

by the use or portrait rather than landscape to record the videos.
Tried to do landscape but the set up wouldn't allow for it to work re getting everything in shot with the porch as the centre piece re pull ups etc. New at this taking videos game so all a bit hit and miss. Overall quite happy though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@Bill Gates - I think your attempts at doing a shuffle dance are not bad for a 71 year old beginner, but there are plenty of tutorial videos (shot in landscape!) available to show you how to do it properly. For example:

After a few weeks practice, you could really be wowing them in the clubs! :laugh:

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

@Bill Gates - I think your attempts at doing a shuffle dance are not bad for a 71 year old beginner, but there are plenty of tutorial videos (shot in landscape!) available to show you how to do it properly. For example:

After a few weeks practice, you could really be wowing them in the clubs! :laugh:

Alan Walker. I taught him everything he knows. He likes to be called Bull shuffler these days. And he knows you. He said that you made John Sergeant look like John Travolta. ^_^

Top Bottom