Bumped a Dog, wondering who was wrong.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
What is a dog park?

D

Deleted member 26715

If the OP is in Doodleland it's always a possibility

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
This is why psyclepaths suck.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This is why psyclepaths suck.
Not really.
Whether psyclepath, bridleway, shared-use path, lane road highway or byway, you have to be aware of other users and ride appropriately.
I think shared-use paths are brill, help to get people out and about with child, dog, bike, roller-blade, go-kart. We should embrace them and the public movement and interaction they create. The help us to be civil.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:welcome: as a new member don't be discouraged by many saying you were in the wrong. It's simply down to the question you have asked.

I would say this was your fault whether or not legally the dog should be under control. The dog cannot make a rational decision to move and represents a danger to you.

The animal has the potential to cause you to fall off. This could result in serious injury such as a broken arm, wrist etc. which you seem happy to risk by not stopping.

I would always slow ready to stop in such circumstances.

Last time I was hit by a dog was on a country lane passing a farm. A Jack Russell flew out of the farmyard, bit my ankle drawing blood and ripping my sock. I went back to complain and the lady was very apologetic.

As I was doing 15-16mph I had to admire the accuracy of his attack!! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom