Bumped a Dog, wondering who was wrong.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Is the dog hounding you for compensation?
Making him paws for thought.

bigjim

Legendary Member
If this was the U.K. I would be asking if the dog was on a lead or not and under control (which is law here) in a public area regardless of the designation of users.
Is that correct about the law regarding a dog under control? I have a nice woodland trail nearby. I used to enjoy a regular 4 mile run/jog along there. I can no longer use it as it has become very popular with dog owners. Most of these mutts are off the lead and out of control. I have been attacked/chased on a regular basis. On my last run I was attacked/jumped on three times so now I have given up. My youngest daughter with my one year old grandchild has also had to give up using this area for a stroll. The risk of dogs running up to him either to play,jump or bite has become too dangerous. I find most dog owners pretty useless.

Slick

Guru
Is that correct about the law regarding a dog under control? I have a nice woodland trail nearby. I used to enjoy a regular 4 mile run/jog along there. I can no longer use it as it has become very popular with dog owners. Most of these mutts are off the lead and out of control. I have been attacked/chased on a regular basis. On my last run I was attacked/jumped on three times so now I have given up. My youngest daughter with my one year old grandchild has also had to give up using this area for a stroll. The risk of dogs running up to him either to play,jump or bite has become too dangerous. I find most dog owners pretty useless.
I don't agree regarding most dog owners, but all dogs must always be under control which is different from being on the lead.

If I was you, I would have a word with your local wildlife officer who will definitely be able to help.

Top Bottom