Bumped from behind by lady driver of Blacked Out Land Rover reg. "MUSIC MIX"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

First actual collision with a car in seven years of london cycling. Have reported it to RoadSafe London - here's the description. Incident occured around 22:10 on Friday 28th May.

"Travelling East to West parallel to Oxford Street. Was stationary in the ASL at the junction on the A5204 where Portland Square becomes Seymour Street.

I was in the Primary Position. On moving away from the junction I was hit from behind by the driver of vehicle described as they overtook me going through the junction. The vehicle's front left hand side hit my back and the wing mirror hit my elbow.

I was not knocked off my bike - merely "pushed". A less experienced cyclist would probably not have been as fortunate.

The driver did not stop and did not appear to be aware she had hit me. She accelerated away aggressively to drive through an amber light on the Great Cumberland / Seymour Street junction and narrowly avoided colliding with a pedestrian crossing North to South on the East side of the junction."

Interested if anything will come of it.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Bummer! Glad you're OK mate, mind.

Roadsafe will probably do no more than write her a letter. No police saw it, no video evidence, so out of their remit.

OP
OP
Howard

Howard

BentMikey said:
Bummer! Glad you're OK mate, mind.

Roadsafe will probably do no more than write her a letter. No police saw it, no video evidence, so out of their remit.

I'd be happy with that - no actual harm done, and I'm sure there was no malice involved - just the sloppy driving of a car that's just too wide for London roads. And that number plate... :wahhey:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Mikey is correct. They will simply write a letter. However it seems that these things might be kept on record for future reference. All should be explained tbh on their website.

Glad you're ok. Perhaps they'll stop the car and investigate the windows if they see it? Tinted windows?

OP
OP
Howard

Howard

downfader said:
Glad you're ok. Perhaps they'll stop the car and investigate the windows if they see it? Tinted windows?

Yup black tinted windows. If I go to hell, this is the car they'll make me drive.

Helly79

I'm glad you OK, i was talking to PCSO at work the other day asking how would I stand with reporting bad driving by motor vehicle drivers. He said that if you haven't any proof they its not much they can do but if its caught on CCTV or you have a helmet cam video then they can prosecute. I also asked if Im allow to use my helmet cam he said yes providing it not in a place that say do photography/filming.

Matthames

Über Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Also the reg is wrong (too many letters) but may be MU51 CMX which, if she has altered the spacing, is probably illegal too.
The vehicle MU51CMX, a Land Rover Rangerover Td6 Vogue Se A (Estate)

Having checked the reg on the reg checker I would guess that would be the correct reg.

Gandalf

Veteran
Slightly OT perhaps, but has anyone actually had a proper response from Roadsafe beyond the automatically generated reply?

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Gandalf said:
Slightly OT perhaps, but has anyone actually had a proper response from Roadsafe beyond the automatically generated reply?

The last couple of incidents I reported - almost hit on a roundabout and an aggressive twat on a mobile phone - attracted absolutely no response whatsoever, not even an auto-reply. That, combined with their somewhat questionable analysis of a supplied video of an aggressively close overtake (posted elsewhere here) has lead me to believe that the whole thing might just a be complete waste of time. I was also promised that I'd be informed of any Roadsafe public meetings. Not heard anything about that either.

Tynan

Veteran
I sometimes syspect that ll of these bright dieas are run from one single person offce, cones hotline and all the rst and now this

Top Bottom