Bunnies everywhere.... have I turned into Bishop Brennan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
we got people down our way releasing foxes back into the wild!
Cheers Ed

That's where foxes live though

arch684

Veteran
personally when i have rabbit i like to do them in a nice stew with potato and boiled carrot :hungry: of course only ever done in a cast iron dutch over a fire hanging from a hand forged (by me) steel fire tripod :thumbsup:

coming, the bigger the better! i was out one night lamping the buggers and had a load, but all babies and couldn't find a single one in the dark as they were in hedgerows.... came back in the morning to collect my bag and the foxes and stolen every single one of them! bas***ds! so yes the bigger the easier to find :smile:

so did he get the rabbit?

i have a pair of shite covered, steel toe cap, size 14 welly boots that i reckon would hurt if it helps?
Cheers Ed
I called her away to save the bunny

young Ed

Veteran
That's where foxes live though

I was wondering where they'd been before the wild to be honest.
captured because they were injured or in a town and then released into the country once healthy.

for me their is only good fox, one with a piece of high velocity lead lodged in it's head. as said just my views influenced purely by where and how i have grown up and not meant to offend anyone
I called her away to save the bunny
noooooo! i urge dogs on when i see rabbits!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
captured because they were injured or in a town and then released into the country once healthy.

I've heard of this happening round here too (not far from where Ed lives) - the released urban foxes have no idea and are encroaching on existing fox territories so they starve to death or get chased out. Not really a good solution!

@luckyfox yes the bunnies are pretty cute too but the sheer number of them round here is a bit of a worry - hate to think what they'll do to crops and gardens. I will have to keep looking to make sure I wasn't imagining things! - it was the bunny witching hour of 4pm-ish when they are all out in the fields at this time of year having their tea.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Is it wrong that when I saw "bunnies" and "bishop" in the thread title, Playboy bunnies popped into my head?

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 46

byegad

Legendary Member
I remember the rabbits ore-myxomatosis.

My Grand-parents lived opposite a large field with some very rough ground in the middle of it. This field had barley growing and the farmer walked up to check how the crop was doing. To my young eyes the field, as he opened the gate, seemed to get up and hop into the rough ground. There must have been hundreds of rabbits in the crop. My Grandma's cat, a huge tom called Patch, used to come into the kitchen two or three times a week with a rabbit he'd caught. He always brought them home because he liked them cooked, and Grandma, who fed the damn cat better than she did Grandad, would always do this for him.

I do remember being there when he brought a live one into the kitchen and I learned a lot of new swear words as the cat and Grandma, who was using a broom, tried to get the rabbit (The cat so he could kill it, Grandma meanwhile was trying to get it out of the house!) as it ran round and around the kitchen doing a fair impression of The Wall of Death.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Bunnies round here were getting to be a nuisance a coupe of years ago but mixamatosis [sp?] returned with a vengeance and spread rapidly so there are very few now.

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
To my young eyes the field, as he opened the gate, seemed to get up and hop into the rough ground.
This is what the fields looked like the other night. Fat little rabbit bums going up and down as the little fluffy devils steadily mowed the grass... Good stories re your Gma's cat!
Bunnies round here were getting to be a nuisance a coupe of years ago but mixamatosis [sp?] returned with a vengeance and spread rapidly so there are very few now.
There was some myxi around here a few years ago but it doesn't seem to have made much difference! - mild winters the last couple of years have probably increased the population too. I have a rellie staying who is a good shot - might get him on the case while he's here!

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
My Grandma's cat, a huge tom called Patch, used to come into the kitchen two or three times a week with a rabbit he'd caught. He always brought them home because he liked them cooked, and Grandma, who fed the damn cat better than she did Grandad, would always do this for him.
Our cat brought rabbits in when he was younger, often pretty decent sized ones. He used to eat the head. We'd end up with a complete rabbit, no head, but still a pair of ears...

Top Bottom