Burn the heathen!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kiwiavenger, 10 Aug 2012.

1. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

The wife was watching tele and the Cavendish head and shoulders ad came on.

"oh look your boyfriends on the tele" so I start joking with "must have a shower and use head and shoulders hes a legend" to which she replied "hes a d!ck, now wiggo is a legend"

She doesnt even like cycling at all and moans when I chuck it on the tele! Burn the heathen, burn the heathen!!!! Lol.

Sent from the Holodeck on my Tricorder

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  2. nick.b

nick.b Well-Known Member

meh, wiggins seems to be flavor of the month atm, literally, a month ago most people had nfc who he was.

3. Mad Doug Biker

Mad Doug Biker Bikeoholics Anonymous

Cavendish is one of these nearly men, a bit like Jimmy White in Snooker, and as such, I think he'll have a huge fanbase all hoping, praying that he finally gets a gold in Rio if he goes!

I personally didn't like him at first, but I have grown too over the years.

4. TVC

TVC Guest

When Chris Froome wins the Vuelta I think it might be too much for the muggles to understand and they'll all scurry off to watch the football 'cos it's Rooney in'it?'

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  5. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

23 stages in the Tour, countless other races, World Champion and classic winner.

Best nearly man I've ever seen.

alecstilleyedye likes this.
  6. Mad Doug Biker

But no Olympic Gold!

He's won just about everything else but if he doesn't get gold in Rio or in 2020, then I think he'll become infamous for it as being the best rider never to actually win it.

7. Mad Doug Biker

Going by your avatar, I'd have to agree and say that you are truly Global instead!

User14044 likes this.
  8. Smokin Joe

Don't over estimate the importance of Olympic medals in the world of road cycling, they're small beer compared to a lot of other achievements. Nice on your CV if you've got one, but it won't knock you down the rankings if you haven't.

Monsieur Remings likes this.
  9. Mad Doug Biker

Which may be, but after everything else, it would be a bit unfortunate, wouldn't it?

10. Smokin Joe

Well I haven't got an Olympic gold and it's never done me any harm.

I'm a better man for it, in fact.

11. Mad Doug Biker

I have to agree, you are the very model of everyday ordinariness! :laugh:

12. OP
    OP
    Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

Isnt that very similar to fedderer? Loads of championships, no gold medal but would destroy us meer mortals!!! Lol.

To be fair I love both sir wiggo and cav, froome will have to wait and see! Lol

Sent from the Holodeck on my Tricorder

13. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

i'd rather have the rings on my jersey of being a world champ than an olympic medal, anyday…

Dayvo likes this.
  14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Eddie Merckx never won an olympic medal and it didn 't diminsh his status or reputation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice