Burn the heathen!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
The wife was watching tele and the Cavendish head and shoulders ad came on.

"oh look your boyfriends on the tele" so I start joking with "must have a shower and use head and shoulders hes a legend" to which she replied "hes a d!ck, now wiggo is a legend"

She doesnt even like cycling at all and moans when I chuck it on the tele! Burn the heathen, burn the heathen!!!! Lol.

Sent from the Holodeck on my Tricorder

nick.b

meh, wiggins seems to be flavor of the month atm, literally, a month ago most people had nfc who he was.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Cavendish is one of these nearly men, a bit like Jimmy White in Snooker, and as such, I think he'll have a huge fanbase all hoping, praying that he finally gets a gold in Rio if he goes!

I personally didn't like him at first, but I have grown too over the years.

TVC

When Chris Froome wins the Vuelta I think it might be too much for the muggles to understand and they'll all scurry off to watch the football 'cos it's Rooney in'it?'

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Cavendish is one of these nearly men, a bit like Jimmy White in Snooker, and as such, I think he'll have a huge fanbase all hoping, praying that he finally gets a gold in Rio if he goes!

I personally didn't like him at first, but now prefer him to Wiggo.
23 stages in the Tour, countless other races, World Champion and classic winner.

Best nearly man I've ever seen.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
23 stages in the Tour, countless other races, World Champion and classic winner.

Best nearly man I've ever seen.

But no Olympic Gold!

He's won just about everything else but if he doesn't get gold in Rio or in 2020, then I think he'll become infamous for it as being the best rider never to actually win it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
But no Olympic Gold!

He's won just about everything else but if he doesn't get gold in Rio or in 2020, then I think he'll become infamous for it as being the best rider never to actually win it.
Don't over estimate the importance of Olympic medals in the world of road cycling, they're small beer compared to a lot of other achievements. Nice on your CV if you've got one, but it won't knock you down the rankings if you haven't.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Don't over estimate the importance of Olympic medals in the world of road cycling, they're small beer compared to a lot of other achievements. Nice on your CV if you've got one, but it won't knock you down the rankings if you haven't.

Which may be, but after everything else, it would be a bit unfortunate, wouldn't it?

Top Bottom