Bus pass applied for.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've had mine for so long I had to renew it 😂

Baldy

Über Member
Had mine a while, tend to use it when backpacking mostly. It means I don't have to worry about the car being a some remote lay-by. Plus it makes liner routes easier. Just can't take the bike on buses. I've a veteran's rail card, which gives me reduced fares but getting the bike on trains is such a hassle. I tend not to bother.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As the milestone birthday rapidly approaches, I have completed the online application for my pass to free bus travel throughout Scotland. With the price of petrol, my intention is to use it!
Feeling old now.... :ohmy:
I got my English bus pass a month ago.
Had mine 3 years and haven't used it......I really should as you get so little for free these days!
I haven't used mine yet but I probably will in Devon. There is a good bus service to Exeter that I can use when visiting my sister.
I was a mere youth of 47 when I joined this forum, nearly 13 years ago. Scary!
Ah, you still get them at 60 there... I had to wait until pension age (66).

ChrisKz

From what I have been told . It takes a bus an hour and a half to get to the nearest town 20 miles away .. They can Fekk their bus passes . I will keep my 4 x 4 for as long as I can

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just can't take the bike on buses.

There are a few that allow bikes to be carried, with the usual T&C's which make it a bit of an unpredictable experience. e.g. Some of them share the bike and wheelchair spaces, so if a wheelchair user needs the space, you're not going with a bike.
One service which carries bikes is Stagecoach X74 Glasgow to Dumfries. Could be handy for a day out sometime; get the bus to Moffat, hop off and take the back roads, or even off road via Beattock/Ae forest to Dumfries, then hop back on the bus to Glasgow.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
From what I have been told . It takes a bus an hour and a half to get to the nearest town 20 miles away .. They can Fekk their bus passes . I will keep my 4 x 4 for as long as I can

I'll be keeping my car too, but it's nice to have a free option if I want to use it. I'll be quite happy to let someone else do the driving, even if it takes a bit longer. And I can do something I loved doing in my pre driving youth which I really miss.... a quick pint or two in pubs along my route :cheers:.
Anyway; an hour and a half to go 20 miles? That's about my cycling pace. Not about to give that up, either!

Last edited:

Baldy

Über Member
There are a few that allow bikes to be carried, with the usual T&C's which make it a bit of an unpredictable experience. e.g. Some of them share the bike and wheelchair spaces, so if a wheelchair user needs the space, you're not going with a bike.
One service which carries bikes is Stagecoach X74 Glasgow to Dumfries. Could be handy for a day out sometime; get the bus to Moffat, hop off and take the back roads, or even off road via Beattock/Ae forest to Dumfries, then hop back on the bus to Glasgow.

That's interesting, none of the buses out of Stirling take them, which is why I thought none of them did.

Top Bottom