Bus stops / shelter's and your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
MBIFO a shelter/memorial West Ilsey.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A bus stop shetler, village noticeboard, post box, (vandalised & empty) telephone box, dog waste bin & tourist signs at Tattingstone
Tattingstone Bus Stop.jpg

The shelter's only 18 months old as the previous one was taken out by a 'tired and emotional' driver failing to stop at the 'T' junction
image.jpg
(nicked from the local rag)

Katherine

Guru
A bus stop for 'cats'? near Durham Massey.
I love this bench.

On a ride in pouring pouring rain from Ribblehead to the Ribble Valley a bit before the lockdown I was more than pleased to find this to rest, eat and change my socks.

Heading south to Settle, it's just after the (right) turnoff to Helwith Bridge.

Not altogether sure what it's doing there as I didn't see a busstop sign and can't see one here either.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.120...DcKVMJdg!2e0!5s20081001T000000!7i13312!8i6656

No pic of mine of the outside as it was chucking it down.

Many thanks to whoever put it there.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
On a ride in pouring pouring rain from Ribblehead to the Ribble Valley a bit before the lockdown I was more than pleased to find this to rest, eat and change my socks.

View attachment 514790

Heading south to Settle, it's just after the (right) turnoff to Helwith Bridge.

Not altogether sure what it's doing there as I didn't see a busstop sign and can't see one here either.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.120...DcKVMJdg!2e0!5s20081001T000000!7i13312!8i6656

No pic of mine of the outside as it was chucking it down.

Many thanks to whoever put it there.
In many rural areas bus stops have been removed and Busses operate on a 'request' basis i.e. when you see one you stick your arm out and they just pick you up.

In many rural areas bus stops have been removed and Busses operate on a 'request' basis i.e. when you see one you stick your arm out and they just pick you up.
could be.
In that area of the country there are also stops/shelters where buses no longer pass, let alone stop, due to cuts over the last few years.
Still it was a great shelter - not the prettiest I have ever seen (fair bit of breeze-block) but weatherproof - could have spent a night in it.

Top Bottom