Buy A Bell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It was a large silver thing, so possibly, I'll need to check it out, thanks!

It just sounded a whole lot better than the standard 'Drrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg' sound you see! :blush::laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It was a large silver thing, so possibly, I'll need to check it out, thanks!

It just sounded a whole lot better than the standard 'Drrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg' sound you see! :blush::laugh:
Sounds like the same one. It's what I use on my bikes and I'm very happy with them as people seem to like the sound and will actually thank me for ringing the bell at them.:thumbsup:

It's not perfect though. On one of the Long Mynd rides I came up behind a group of hikers, rang the bell and they looked at each other and said "who's phone was that?":laugh:

Well what about common sense? ~ If you have a bell ring it, then when the people have moved over to let you through a polite "thank you " is always acknowledged. well its always works for me here on the Levels. Not sure about what happens in major cites! I have that to look forward to. Though I am the first to admit i'm not the quickest cyclist so most others overtake me.
Regards antnee

"As you see spelling is not my forte"

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
an earlier post mentioned not being able to get a bell for the thicker , dropped , handlebars, - I too have been looking as since putting bar tape on (to cover the rust) my bell don,t fit - as far as I can see they don,t do one.
bells seam to have fallen into the area of kids and novelty items.

yes its a rare thing for me to "ding" another cyclist as I overtake him. - most are stopped by the side of the road.

subaqua

What’s the point
What do you call the guy at the back of a line of bell owning cyclists ?

linford

Kookas

Über Member
I've never actually hit my bell except by mistake. When I'm passing people I normally just call out my approaching side.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Grab them when you can. It's really quite rare for retailers to ever have that type of bell in stock - Chain Reaction doesn't actually have any in.
If you search around you can find them - Dotbike have them (much more expensive), and I rather like these, which replace one of the steerer spacers. Worth checking the German suppliers too - Rose have another type of spacer bell listed that I will add to my next order from them.

youngoldbloke

That one has a limit on the diameter of handlebar it will fit. The ones with the stretchy bands that can fit any diameter tend to sell out quite quickly.
NB It replaces one of the steerer spacers - doesn't fit on the bars.

youngoldbloke

Then it isn;t the one the OP was interested in...
I linked to the BBB 'rubber band' one first, earlier, then offered alternatives in the form of stem/steerer fitting bells, which have the advantage of not occupying handlebar space. (Of course you can also fit the 'rubber band' ones to the stem or steerer too, and to thinner bars).

Top Bottom