Buy A Bell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've got this BBB one on one of my bikes. As I ride with my hands over the brake covers most of the time I've mounted it so that the lever lies under where my thumb is, i.e. on the furthest forward part of the drops. I don't need to move my hands to ting and it doesn't clutter up the hoods. That job is done by lights.... And I rarely use it, tending to use my voice or ironic ahems much more.

Dan_h

I don,t care wiggins hasn,t got one, - GET A BELL.

No!

Reactions: 4F

GrasB

Veteran
Me: Excuse me, can I pass?
Ped: *looks over shoulder* Oh, sorry. *steps decidedly to one side*
Me: *rides past* Thanks.
Ped: No problem mate.

Vocal interaction like that is so much more pleasant than a 'dig dig' of a bell.

U

User6179

Bought a new bike and it came with a bell and must say it comes in handy on cyclepath but realised today i cant ring the thing with full finger gloves on so back to shouting " get out ma feking way numpty ".

I was riding on the TPT last week. Ahead of me was one of these determined people - you know, all effort and no fun!
He got to a couple walking along, rang his bell half a second before he flattened the two of them.
I just slowed and said "Hi I'm here too - but don't worry I've got manners". A possibly angry incident became smiles and thank you's.

Top Bottom