Buyers Remorse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Harsh yes I know I am, I do not pussy foot about when it comes to family finances the man comes very last in my old fashioned opinion.

Sell it for the most you can and clear the debt, that is my advice others may be softer on you.
To be fair, 0% finance, whats the point in clearing it? I would sooner buy on finance like that and bank the cash and reap a little interest.

Reactions: 4F

screenman

Legendary Member
Bit harsh, the OP *could* have transferred onto a 0% interest for balance transfers CC jobbie and not be paying the 17.9%+ you believe.

Could have done, but debt is debt and when things are tight you do not want any of it let alone more. You know and I do also that there are plenty of good bikes around for half of that amount.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2542358, member: 30090"]I find it simply amazing that you can guess a persons finances and their level of debt from thier posts. Not to mention getting all high and mighty over the changing of a tyre? Get real ffs.[/quote]

Did you even read the OP? he said his family does not have much money, the tyre changing advice was some I was given by a local bike shop when I was 11 year old I was just passing it on.

screenman

Legendary Member
Reply to Herzog.

I hope so, I really do and that he pays the debt off quickly and comfortably without him or his family going without. Also that he enjoys his purchase more than he does at the moment.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2542386, member: 30090"]Would that the bit about how the OP wanted to buy the bike outright and spread the cost over 12 months? I'm sure this is well within the realms of a family mans working income...but hey I would not want to assume anything else - especially the fact that he would be paying interest.[/quote] No it was the bit about the family not having much money.

A working mans income is one thing, a working mans disposable income is another.

MarkF

Guru
I always genuinely appreciate the advice I've been given on here, but I regret posting this thread. I guess I let emotion get the better of me. The tone of at least one of the replies has been pretty hurtful, so I'll be taking my leave of this 'fun and friendly online cycling community'.

:wacko: Get grip man! You have lost what? £4 or £5 in tubes and your back wheel might be out of true?

Unbelievable, I am having to give out flyers for my business 6 hours per day because I have no work on, I've a unit to pay for, 2 staff and family holiday in August coming up AND I am riding around on manky Triban 3. Still, the kids are healthy and it's sunny, I wake up happy every day me. ^_^

:wacko: Get grip man! You have lost what? £4 or £5 in tubes and your back wheel might be out of true?

Unbelievable, I am having to give out flyers for my business 6 hours per day because I have no work on, I've a unit to pay for, 2 staff and family holiday in August coming up AND I am riding around on manky Triban 3. Still, the kids are healthy and it's sunny, I wake up happy every day me. ^_^

And what relevance does that have to the OPs posting. Everyones financial situation is different, what he is trying to say, quite rightly, is that he does not want aggressive, useless information. But I guess there are always the aggressors, sympathisers, and those in between

ayceejay

Guru
Not much intuition or empathy being expressed here.
If you became enthusiastic about cycling and lusted after a new bike and had worked out that you could afford it but then the bike proved to be a lot of trouble for you I am sure you would regret the buy and start wondering if you had wasted hard to come by money. The practical problems don't add up to much as far as I can tell and the LBS should have been more helpful especially as the OP seems to be a bit cack handed, changing a tube can be frustrating but it is a technique that can be learned.
What is missing her is a mature attitude toward disappointment and it would be unfair to have a guess at the reasons for this but it will pass.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I always genuinely appreciate the advice I've been given on here, but I regret posting this thread. I guess I let emotion get the better of me. The tone of at least one of the replies has been pretty hurtful, so I'll be taking my leave of this 'fun and friendly online cycling community'.
I have a Boardman CX sitting the shed that I bought for Winter and never enjoyed riding it once. I only keep it as my daughter rides it occasionally. I have so much remorse about that purchase that it has put me off getting my dream bike in case it feel the same! So I know where you are coming from. Window shopping seem better at the moment I am on my 4th dream bike since March

Screenman, you're just transferring your insecurities to the OP who came on here for a break not a kicking. If you can't say something positive, well, say nothing.

Hip Priest, who I'm sure will be back, your anxiety has a name, post purchase dissonance, It's common, well if I'm anything to go by it is :smile:

It all sounds sortable.

Your anxiety has a name, post purchase dissonance, It's common, well if I'm anything to go by it is :smile:

+1, experienced this many times myself :thumbsup:

I also find the thrill of the chase occasionally outweighs the joy of ownership at times, (usually mobile phones with me TBH) :whistle:

It all sounds sortable.

Agreed :thumbsup:

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I'm not sure if the op is still about, but this happens to me quite often. Bits that don't fit (especially on old motorbikes!) or faults on new stuff that needs fixing. Just have to take a deep breath and accept it. I have done the throwing spanners around the garage/garden and it doesn't seem to do any good, funnily enough.
I feel for Hip Priest, especially as he probably came on here for a bit of 'chin up mate' and got a rogering!!

Sara_H

Guru
+1, experienced this many times myself :thumbsup:

I also find the thrill of the chase occasionally outweighs the joy of ownership at times, (usually mobile phones with me TBH) :whistle:

Agreed :thumbsup:

Tents with me, I have 7 or 8 tents, at least 3 of which have never been used!

Sometimes the same with bikes, but I have almost always used the bikess, with the exception of my very pretty vintage raleigh caprice. At the time i HAD to have it. Only ever ridden home from when I went to collect it and a couple of times to my local park! I feel better knowing it's in the garage though!

MarkF

Guru
And what relevance does that have to the OPs posting. Everyones financial situation is different, what he is trying to say, quite rightly, is that he does not want aggressive, useless information. But I guess there are always the aggressors, sympathisers, and those in between

It's giving perspective, we'd need a whole new rant forum, if 2 bust tubes warranted one.

Top Bottom