Buying 2 bikes - any advice appreciated!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Rapscallion

Her purchase is on pause for now as she is still working full time from home. I'll continue the research in the meantime!

OP
OP
R

Rapscallion

So the search continues...

Go Outdoors have told me that if I assemble the bike myself (and they won't tell me how much assembly this particular bike requires) and any faults develop, then it will void the warranty.

Their advice is to either find a qualified bike technician to assemble it or wait until their stores re-open and have their technicians do it :rolleyes:

OP
OP
R

Rapscallion

As I wrote in another thread, I'm on the hunt again due to Cycle Republic messing up my order. It seems in the last 3.5 weeks since I placed the order, lots of decent bikes have gone out of stock (in my size at least).

I had ordered a Ridgeback Vanteo which is available elsewhere for over £500 which I didn't really want to stretch to (CR have it for £450).

I've come across a couple of stockists for a 6KU bike and it would be good to get your opinions on it. The Vanteo is hydro discs and the 6KU is mech discs. Apart from that, is the spec significantly different that would justify a £100 difference in price?

https://www.6ku.com/products/6ku-canvas-2-0-disc-hybrid-bike#

vickster

Legendary Member
As I wrote in another thread, I'm on the hunt again due to Cycle Republic messing up my order. It seems in the last 3.5 weeks since I placed the order, lots of decent bikes have gone out of stock (in my size at least).

I had ordered a Ridgeback Vanteo which is available elsewhere for over £500 which I didn't really want to stretch to (CR have it for £450).

I've come across a couple of stockists for a 6KU bike and it would be good to get your opinions on it. The Vanteo is hydro discs and the 6KU is mech discs. Apart from that, is the spec significantly different that would justify a £100 difference in price?

https://www.6ku.com/products/6ku-canvas-2-0-disc-hybrid-bike#
According to the website, every size and colour is out of stock

What's your max budget? What size do you need? What shops can you access (if any)?

OP
OP
R

Rapscallion

According to the website, every size and colour is out of stock

What's your max budget? What size do you need? What shops can you access (if any)?

They below are stocking it in large as well as another UK retailer.

Like a lot of bikes I've seen, I'm bang in between sizes at 6ft. I've read mixed messages in that scenario whether to go for the smaller or larger size. I know every bike is built differently, but the frame size for the large 53cm seems right for my stats.

https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/6ku-canvas-disc-hybrid-bike-silver

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s not a brand I’ve ever heard of to be honest so no comment on the bike

The Trek site sizing guide says large for 6ft

OP
OP
R

Rapscallion

Yeh I've looked at the FX2 but it says the following:

Currently not available, but it will be soon! Pre-order now from your local retailer (listed below) to ensure you get it as quickly as possible.

I've found one place that has the Silver one in large but I don't like the colour. No blue ones to be found anywhere.

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunately stocks are low, demand is high and shipping from the Far East delayed. If you like the one that is available, just get it while you can

Midsrider

Spoke to Treks live chat and apparently they are bringing a new colour out for the FX2 and DS2, hence why the low stock on this model as as well as huge demand in sales and stock levels due to the virus - June/July is expected release. They said shipping is playing catch up, but the main warehouse is showing none of the stock colours, so when this happens its new colours - this is what they told me anyway, could change i guess !!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom