Buying a BBQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I als recommend an electronic Bbq lighter. It stops all the nasty chemicals with self lighting and paraffin.

It makes a nuce evenly lit Bbq and avoids it getting too much flames.

Oh, and NEVER briquettes.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mrs Marmion wanted me to get one of them as well today - I declined, as I could see the amount of graft it would entail for me over the coming months.
Well played!

Wafer

Veteran
Have recently been in the market for a BBQ too, got one last week having looked around. Liked the look of the kettle bbqs and saw the webber one, ended up picking this up from Wickes instead though http://www.wickes.co.uk/Black-64cm-Charcoal-Kettle-BBQ/p/121669 as it was £45...
Only got it last weekend and used once but so far so good.

We did try using it last weekend and at one point I was the stereotypical english man stood in the rain (thank god it wasn't carbon...) with an umbrella trying to get charcoal going, eventually gave up and cooked in the kitchen so it was christened last night instead.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
We did try using it last weekend and at one point I was the stereotypical english man stood in the rain (thank god it wasn't carbon...) with an umbrella trying to get charcoal going, eventually gave up and cooked in the kitchen so it was christened last night instead.
Thankfully I live in Scotland and we don't have to endure such inconveniences as rain :laugh:

MisterStan

Label Required
[QUOTE 3791223, member: 259"]We've got one of those - it's smashing little barbecue that's adequate to do a whole chicken or a leg of lamb. It's not fantastic for direct grilling as you can't adjust the height.[/QUOTE]
^this
[QUOTE 3791230, member: 259"]By the way, ours is nearly twenty years old and still going strong, and we got it second hand.[/QUOTE]
^and this
We used one of the charcoal 'ready to light bags'..
one match, 15 mins later we were ready to cook...
saves all that faffing with fire lighters etc etc
^and this sometimes. Although I do prefer the briquettes when not in a rush

Which day is summer in Scotlandshire this year?

Anyway, Aldi are doing a drum one with a smoker for 60 Scottish pounds. So you can heat up your bridie and smoke it too: Cool.

Top Bottom