Buying a BBQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Weber Q1200 here. Been used year round, as though I can appreciate the oven/hob are more convenient during the winter, having the house smelling of fish for hours afterwards and having to have the door open to get rid of it negates the indoor cooking.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Wait until the end of summer, they'll be as cheap as chips in the garden centres then. Last September I bought a Weber BBQ and a sack of charcoal in the Wyvale sale and with garden centre vouchers fo 99p

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have thought this for a while but the ridiculous BBQ one upmanship plays to a certain vulnerable male psychi where knobs have to stand in their garden once a year boring their wife's mates about how great their BBQ is.
A more rounded individual would be comfortable with a cheap BBQ for Argos.

U

User482

I have thought this for a while but the ridiculous BBQ one upmanship plays to a certain vulnerable male psychi where knobs have to stand in their garden once a year boring their wife's mates about how great their BBQ is.
A more rounded individual would be comfortable with a cheap BBQ for Argos.
How's your BSO?

keithmac

Guru
I saved the grills off my old "favourite" bbq, going to make a brick built one this year hopefully.

The demise of our temporary green house has left the ideal space!.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
buy cheap buy twice came to mind this weekend as our four year old gas barbecue fell apart.

subaqua

What’s the point
Best Gas BBQ: Outdoor Chef http://www.outdoor-bbq.co.uk/category/bbqs/gas-bbqs/

Best Basic Charcoal: One of the Webers, don't waste your money on anything else

Best BBQ in the Known Universe: http://www.kamadojoe.co.uk/ (a Big Green Egg clone but much cheaper)

Gas is not a BBQ.

Grill is flames below, salamander is flames above. Bbq is style of cooking - barb a que - beard to tail - grilling whole goats on a spit, acucompanied with a pepper sauce. Nom nom.

And none of your Agri factory Goat. Goat that had been grazing on decent lush grass all summer .

Oil drum cut in half and an old oven shelf. Worked for the scouts and its cheap and you get the bbq flavour. Cant understand gas bbq just an outdoor grill.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Oil drum cut in half and an old oven shelf. Worked for the scouts and its cheap and you get the bbq flavour. Cant understand gas bbq just an outdoor grill.

Old creasote or tar barrels help get that authentica barbque fkavour too. Joking aside, half oil drum is indeed the way to go

Top Bottom