Buying a GPS bike computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisMartin

Hi, I'm fairly new to touring and looking to buy a GPS bike computer.
All I really need is to be able to upload routes and have turn by turn navigation.
I would be grateful for any advice.

13 rider

Guru
Search YouTube for cycling weekly just done a video comparing wahoo elemnt v garmin .
I'm a wahoo user and love it simple to use and reliable .plot routes on ridewithgps to get turn by turn instructions

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Something to be said for the newer Wahoo Element or Bolt for touring. The ability to design the next days tour on your ohone then send to your GPS is a great feature when away from home. Certainly something I will consider when my GPS dies at some point in the future.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Wahoo without a doubt

eagles633

Garmin Edge 820 GPS Bundle £269.99 @ Amazon.co.uk
On offer today in their easter sale. I believe the 820 is the one with maps and navigation.

I have gone for a Topeak ride case with a quad lock poncho for my phone. I will carry a powerbank for charging when I stop.

Just thinking about a mapping and navigation app now.

hoppym27

I've had my elemnt Bolt for about a week now and used it in anger in Wales this weekend...its fantastic!....my favourite feature is the ability to open the app on my phone search for somewhere to go and at the click of a button it sends it to the unit!...and I was out in sub zero conditions using the Nav all the time for about 5 hours with the backlight on and it still had 68% battery left at the end

OP
OP
C

ChrisMartin

Thank you all for your replies, I didn't realise there were so many options!

I've now got lots of info to make a decision.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom