Buying a sub £200 touring bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Socoms

@Socoms wander up to Wellingborough and sure i could sort an ideal bike out for you , no trouble at all

I may take you up on this offer, I'll have to let you know in the next week; I've only been to Wellingborough once and that was by accident when I forgot to get off an express train...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sounds good! Pretty surprised by the response here, unfortunately 'format' I can't go as high as that but thanks for the offer.

GrumpyGregry, from your link you say it comes with no saddle as well - or is this not the case? Just because if I have to buy pedals + saddle I'm guessing that'll set me back a few more, it's also apparent that this is clearly a great deal you're offering me so I apologise for any ignorance!

I would be interested if the bike only needs pedals and it's good to go, and will be able to let you know if I will purchase in the next week (and if so I would need to collect before the 1st June) BUT if you're in a rush to sell it or someone else is in more need of it - please feel free to break the rule of 'dibs' :thumbsup:

I don't want to be responsible for delaying your sale and someone else from receiving a great deal!

I'll sort out a plastic saddle (think I've got charge spoon or similar lying around collecting dust somewhere), sorry but for the money you can't have a brooks, and can surely sort some sort of pedals for you, and put the mudguards on.... they're black btw.

It can be good to go in an hour or two. Probably take that long to get it out from the back of the shed. Which I will do tomorrow.

no rush but if you could collect before 1st June that's one less bike in the shed for me which will get me loads of brownie points from SWMBO. (Before the new tourer turns up)

While I'm flogging stuff does anyone want a charge plug fixed gear for £100 or an old steel kona kilauea set up with cheap running gear as a single speed mtb for a ton?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I would be very interested in the Charge Plug, what frame size is it? (I am just under 6 foot)
You have second dibs. It suits me at six two and looks like this approx five mins ago.
2014-05-16 18.25.03.jpg

OP
OP
S

Socoms

Cheers GrumpyGregry, it's clear from the other posters that you're offering me a great deal - BUT just to say in my defence, to the other posters, I am completely ignorant with the all-to-do with bicycles AND my practical skills are next to none! Will have to get the ol' Dad to help out!

AND my budget is tight due to being an unemployed insufferable graduate :tongue:

Definitely within a week from now I will get back to you Grumpy.

Thanks again guys & Grumpy

Broadside

Guru
So drop the seat just don't expect the Brooks (worth at least 50 quid) although Greg might not want a sprung one :whistle:

I wasn't expecting the Brooks! There is not a huge amount of seat post showing with Greg's setup, so probably not enough downward adjustment available for it to be comfortable for me...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's a Large. Charge say that's for 183+cm height, 81+cm inside leg

Don't forget it isn't a compact frame and it is perfectly acceptable to have the saddle slammed right down old skool style.

Does anyone want some actual measurements?

betty swollocks

large member
Sell yer sister
Sell yer mother
Or sell your granny
But go get that bike.
You'll never come across a better bargain.
Ps depending on Grumpy's situation and/or predilections, he may accept payment in kind: you never know :stop:

Top Bottom