[Buying advice]Looking for a cheap road bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keanoo

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

I've got back into riding my mountain bike recently and I'm thoroughly enjoying the freedom from public transport it gives me. I figured considering I only ride on roads now, I would like to get a road bike. I've been looking around various bike shops/sites but can't seem to find anything.
Is it even possible to find a new road bike around £200?
I would also be willing to buy second hand if theres a good deal on ebay, so if you have any bikes you could recommend for me to buy new or lookout for second hand I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
You're going to struggle to get anything new for £200

Probably the best you could do is the very reasonable Triban from Decathlon Sports.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/triban-3-173178017/

but thats £100 over your budget. Anything cheaper is likely to be more bike shaped object than bike.

You will probably find something with a better spec second hand (although even 2nd hand ebay rubbish seems to be commanding silly prices at the moment), but it comes down to how long you're prepared to wait, and how confident you are in being able to spot a lemon.

OP
OP
K

keanoo

I thought it might be out of my price range!
Thanks for the tip though, I'll have to consider that one from decathalon.

Do you know any dealers specializing in second hand bikes? with you know, good reputations etc, in London.

Top Bottom