Buying on-line or via an LBS - A tale of customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
All good service and that but the frame should never had made it past quality control.

Everyone makes mistakes.

My longstanding policy has been to judge companies not on how well they do getting things right, but on how they resolve their mistakes.

And let's face it, this mistake was a missing thread on a mudguard fixing point. As these things go, pretty damn minor - but resolved by a new frame

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Everyone makes mistakes.

My longstanding policy has been to judge companies not on how well they do getting things right, but on how they resolve their mistakes.

And let's face it, this mistake was a missing thread on a mudguard fixing point. As these things go, pretty damn minor - but resolved by a new frame

Yep, a very good way to judge a business. When I worked I always said to staff I'm not interested in what's going well. I need to know what's going wrong and how are we fixing it.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Everyone makes mistakes.

Fair comment, I thought pretty much the same even as I typed my post.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not quite.

Greg at Moose said to me that he could have bodged it (as some posts up thread have suggested, and many bike shops would have done) but he thought that having spent £3k+ on a bike I should not have to accept a bodge. Without asking me, he negotiated the resolution direct with Whyte.

Moose and the Late Lamented Corridori are the only LBS's I've trusted for many years.
Well, yes quite. Whyte paid him to do the deed.

Fair play to him for making the representation, but he knew if they said yes he'd be getting paid to implement the rectification work so it was in his interests to ask. He hasn't simply given you 2 or 3 hours labour for nothing out of the goodness of his heart.

Im sure hes a very nice chap, and he went the full mile on the phone with Whyte, but he wasn't the hero of this piece. Whyte are the ones that made it happen, and who not only supplied a new frame to make it happen, but also paid the bike shop to do the deed. They've probably made a good loss from the sale of your bike, but they did so without quibble to protect their reputation and make you a happy punter, and they do deserve serious kudos for that.

Top Bottom