Bye-bye bike parking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ColinJ said:
For security reasons, there don't seem to be rubbish bins in UK railway stations now but there still are on trains - what's the thinking behind that?

Yeah, I think that's hilarious. You can't plant a bomb on a station forecourt, but you can on a train that might be packed with people and travelling at 125 mph at the time it goes off...

Anyway, with the advent of the suicide bomber, worries over things like litter bins are almost irrelevant anyway.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ColinJ said:
For security reasons, there don't seem to be rubbish bins in UK railway stations now but there still are on trains - what's the thinking behind that?

Yeah, I think that's hilarious. You can't plant a bomb on a station forecourt, but you can on a train that might be packed with people and travelling at 125 mph at the time it goes off...

Anyway, with the advent of the suicide bomber, worries over things like litter bins are almost irrelevant anyway.

Cab

ColinJ said:

The thinking seems to be that by making train tickets so very expensive, terrorists can't afford to travel by train. Its the only way I can think of that they can justify rail fairs in the UK.

Cab

ColinJ said:

The thinking seems to be that by making train tickets so very expensive, terrorists can't afford to travel by train. Its the only way I can think of that they can justify rail fairs in the UK.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:

Ah, that's it. Plus, the terrorist can't be sure the train will turn up on time/at all...;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:

Ah, that's it. Plus, the terrorist can't be sure the train will turn up on time/at all...;)

Top Bottom