Bye Bye Bye .......... Delilah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyway ... section 4

She could be guilty (if proven in court) if it was found that she had used language that was insulting, or abusive

Ah - in other words, yet again you've shown yourself to be talking nonsense. There is no such combined offence, not in the Public Order Act 1986 nor any other legislation.

But keep digging that hole - Australia can't be far off.

No we have shown that you cannot understand the posts in this thread, or the word COMBINED

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Perhaps, the Welsh should adopt (she kills him, but....well, it seems to work both ways in this one)

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan, “Stone Cold Dead In The Market (He Had It Coming)”
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan scored a popular hit in 1946 with their calypso number “Stone Cold Dead In The Market,” about a woman who publicly kills her drunken, abusive husband, either with a frying pan, a cookpot, or a rolling pin, depending which verse you believe. Both singers have clearly been in this mutually violent relationship for a while, and both sound entirely chipper about it: “He ain’t going to beat me no more,” Fitzgerald croons in an ersatz Jamaican accent, “So I tell you that I doesn’t care if I was to die in the ’lectric chair. Mon!” Jordan, for his part, jocularly ends the song with “Hey, child, I’m coming back and bash you on yo head one more time.” Presumably the jazzy, bouncy music, the exotic accents, and the overall air of good humor contributed to this song becoming wildly popular during an era when household violence wasn’t spoken of publicly.

Anyway ... section 4

She could be guilty (if proven in court) if it was found that she had used language that was insulting, or abusive

She hadn't used ANY language that was insulting, or abusive.

The song states

"She stood there laughing"

It may likely be offered by defence as mitigating circumstances, but certainly not an offence. Nor, would I see any judge significantly lowering a sentence.

Nope. Taunting someone about infidelity is not being either insulting or abusive - the scope of those behaviours are very clearly define in both statute and case law - nor does it "..cause that person to believe that immediate unlawful violence will be used against him or another by any person, or to provoke the immediate use of unlawful violence by that person or another, or whereby that person is likely to believe that such violence will be used or it is likely that such violence will be provoked", which is an integral part of the offence.

If you believe otherwise, perhaps you'd care to link to some relevant case law? Over to you...
Your selective quoting missed this bit!

Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour intending to and causing harassment, alarm or distress

As you are claiming detailed knowledge of the incident with Deliah what was said, and that you are clearly informed that no insulting, abusive was used... Have you really confiden that nothing Delilah said would cause harassment o distress

Last edited:
U

User482

Your selective quoting missed this bit!

As you are claiming detailed knowledge of the incident with Deliahwhy was said, and that you are clearly informed that no insulting, abusive was used... Have you really confiden that nothing Delilah said would cause harassment o distress

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that the above post will still make no sense, once the typos and quoting mistakes have been corrected.

U

User482

It does suggest that it has stopped raining in Bergen, so it is now possible for a person to know that the sun is in fact over the yardarm.

In the Spring, you can't trust a Norwegian weatherman.

It does suggest that it has stopped raining in Bergen, so it is now possible for a person to know that the sun is in fact over the yardarm.
OT

Left Bergen yesterday

Now in Trondheim on a bright sunny afternoon and sat in the cafe outside Nidaros Cathedral

We were lucky to catch a lunchtime schools lesson and recital on the organ and am at present enjoying an expresso and a nice open sandwich as the light changes for some sunset photos

U

User482

OT

Left Bergen yesterday

Now in Trondheim on a bright sunny afternoon and sat in the cafe outside Nidaros Cathedral

We were lucky to catch a lunchtime schools lesson and recital on the organ and am at present enjoying an expresso and a nice open sandwich as the light changes for some sunset photos

An "open sandwich" is self-contradictory. The Norwegian smørbrød means "buttered bread".

HTH.

Not selective quoting - I was pointing out the bit you had studiously ignored in your post #101... a bit that is an integral part of the offence you were claiming was being committed - and clearly wasn't.

It's not just me saying you're wrong but a number of others. Why do you insist on continuing to embarrass yourself?

the fact is that her actionscould constitute an offence.... You chose not to quote that part And state that her actions were not an offence

Let's be clear
Is using insulting or abusive language with the intention to cause alarm and distress an offence as stated or not!

An "open sandwich" is self-contradictory. The Norwegian smørbrød means "buttered bread".

HTH.

The waitress found this funny as did the Danish couple from the group

They are of the opinion that an "open sandwich" was a single slice of bread with the desired topping

Neither will be changing their description

Top Bottom