Bye Bye Bye .......... Delilah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Taunting someone about infidelity is not using insulting or abusive language with the intent of causing alarm and distress.

Infidelity and taunting someone about it is not a crime recognised in common law as you claimed.

I'm not going to bother wasting any more time on you. I have more interesting things to do...
Which goes back to the absurd claim you are making

You can only state this if you have a knowledge of the interaction

Please feel free to continue avoiding the fact

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
9 pages! Are we still talking about a song?

U

User482

The waitress found this funny as did the Danish couple from the group

They are of the opinion that an "open sandwich" was a single slice of bread with the desired topping

Neither will be changing their description

The Norweigan description is smørbrød and the Danish description is smørrebrød. Ask the group what that means.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
9 pages! Are we still talking about a song?
Given that it's the cafe, where threads wander all over the place, 9 pages on mostly the same topic (ignoring the small foray into the correct word to describe a culinary product consisting of a (usually) wheat-based base with added topping) is actually quite impressive!

Which goes back to the absurd claim you are making

You can only state this if you have a knowledge of the interaction

Please feel free to continue avoiding the fact

We do have knowledge of the interaction. He knocked on the door, she laughed, he stabbed her. Where was the abusive "language"?

We don't even know what the relationship between these was. It is pure conjecture.

Could be lovers, and he was the affair.
Could be married, and she was having an affair.
Could be a consensual open relationship, which he became jealous of.
No relationship, he was just a crazy stalker.

So even IF something was said, which hypothetical scenario do you KNOW the song is referring to?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We don't even know what the relationship between these was. It is pure conjecture.

Could be lovers, and he was the affair.
Could be married, and she was having an affair.
Could be a consensual open relationship, which he became jealous of.
No relationship, he was just a crazy stalker.

So even IF something was said, which hypothetical scenario do you KNOW the song is referring to?

According to the Welsh MP, Delilah was a prostitute.

U

User482

Come to think of it, Welsh Rarebit is bread with a topping. I reckon the Scandinavians would love it.

We do have knowledge of the interaction. He knocked on the door, she laughed, he stabbed her. Where was the abusive "language"?

These are descriptive sentences

"She stood there laughing" could cover a number of scenarios including the use of abusive language that User is desperate to avoid

That is why it is a possibility, only User is not quoting some sections of the act and stating a knowledge of the facts that preclude any scenario apart from the one that fits their position.

To be really pedantic....

There is nothing in the song that says he stabbed her!

The statement is:

I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more

Anything beyond her being simply scared of the fact he has a knife and by it is supposition, and is now afraid that he is going to be arrested for an offence constituting carrying a knife or a number of scenarios along those lines

However I dare say with the inside knowledge User will also be able to state definitively what happened

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
upload_2016-2-9_16-19-17.png

:hungry: :mrpig: :hungry:

(not sure about the salad in the background though! That's for Welsh Rabbits)

Top Bottom