Bye Bye Bye .......... Delilah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Seems to be a slice of buttered bread with stuff on... not two slices of buttered bread with stuff between.

And frankly, not all that easy to eat when you're playing cards.

According to Cunobelin it is... when he's not claiming its petty treason - and he seems somewhat confused between statute and common law, having claimed its an offence under both.
Phew. If being an arrogant smug sh1t was illegal I'd be arrested hourly.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Going back to the song, it's also poss that the protagonist (Tom, let's call him)* killed himself too...
"So, before they come to break down the door, forgive me (for topping myself, even though you are now also dead) Delilah, I just couldn't take any more (so I'm topping myself)"

*Or is it meant to be Samson... he died having pulled a building down, I seem to remember, and was the victim of unsolicited tonsorial attention.

[QUOTE 4147785, member: 45"]Do you ever feel trapped?[/QUOTE]
Not really - without a second layer of bread that is absent in an open sandwich there is an escape route.

There are those for whom the concept of an open sandwich is beyond comprehension

I heard that they have your card marked as a serial waster of police time on that score.
Are you saying I'm not an arrogant smug sh1t? Wow, I'm touched.

[QUOTE 4147794, member: 45"]Only if they kill you in response. Or offer you croque monsieur in error.[/QUOTE]
I never have and never likely to graciously refuse an offered Croque Monsieur

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
To be fair, leaving aside any of the linguistic issues, the concept of piling stuff on a slice of bread is beyond comprehension.

I've heard that in Eastern Europe, they hollow out the bread, put soup inside, then put toasted bread and cheese on top. Now that's a sandwich.

U

User482

Or google "Open sandwich"?

The images on both searches are - a layer of bread, layer of butter and toppings.... proving my point precisely

I think we're all in agreement regarding the ingredients. With the addition of just one more item you could call it a sandwich.

Top Bottom