Bye bye Cavendish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It hurt just watching Mark Cavendish bounce down the road and out of the tour.

Even though it is a big disappointment to all us Brits it is good to see he is the first to put his hands up to say it was totally his own fault.

Steve

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I don't think it was his fault really, it was just one of those things that happen in racing.
He did seem very contrite and good on him for hanging around and giving interviews etc. He seems to have grown up a bit.
Gutted he's out though.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Mark Cavendish has just said on TV that he was looking for a gap that wasn't there and apologized for bringing the other rider down.

It's all part of the professional game I think.

Great to see so many people out there but there are some total dicks amongst them. I bet someone is still looking for his mobile phone up on the mountain. It made me laugh.

Steve

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
there are some total dicks amongst them. I bet someone is still looking for his mobile phone up on the mountain. It made me laugh.
That made me laugh too. As did the big guy going flying after being shoulder charged by a rider in the peloton.
It was really obvious who were shouting on the riders and who just wanted to be on TV. I think the camera work/editing did a good job of not giving the idiots their 15 (well 2) seconds of fame.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was shouting on the riders and didn't want to be on television, although I recorded the race while I was out because I was looking forward to watching 'my bit'.

No luck, it was was commercial break time.

I could see it coming, the riders passed me just as ITV1 left to go to the World Cup.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Like OPQ, I'm struggling to form a new strategy for this TdF.

I was so looking forward to seeing Cav and Kittel battle it out, with Sagan, Greipel and Degenkolb that my interest in this tour has taken a huge blow.

From a cycling fan point of view I don't have any investment in any of the GC top dogs. In fact I don't like any of them.

GWS Cav.

fimm

Veteran
Any speculation as to how long he will be out for? Is he likely to miss the Commonwealth Games road race at the beginning of August?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I would be very surprised :eek: :eek: [yes, really that amount !] if he made the C'wealth games. :sad:

JBGooner

Über Member
Lost the confidence of being the worlds fastest sprinter and trying too hard in front of his home crowd.

Any chance Cav will be fit for the Vuelta?

Top Bottom