Bye Bye Rooney Bye Bye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Rooney clearly put himself 'on the market', but obviously his agent didn't receive one serious offer from anywhere better.

Or even an offer at all!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What a turn around.

Fergie has completely out manouvered Rooney with his press conference the other day, turning the Man U fans and much of the media against him to the extent that his life would have been intolerable had he gone to another English club, especially City.

I still can't see it working, there must be a lot of bitterness and Rooney may well be under too much mental pressure to ever be the same player again. He is going to get some ferocious stick wherever he plays for a good while on.

Edit -

I've just read that he has doubled his wage to 180k per week. Maybe he has out manouvered the club?

potsy

Rambler
One big publicity stunt by both parties,Rooney gets a massive pay rise,and the Glazers look good for keeping hold of him and also promising more money for future transfers.
So glad my team is not involved in this league
whistling.gif

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Do you remember when Pierre van Hooidonk got into hot water for saying £5000 a week was ok for a plumber or something, but not for a premiership footballer?

Stephenite

Membå
The more I think about this the more I think that Ferguson just has to swing Rooney's head around - and, if there's anybody that can do it, he can.

Looks like you were right on the money there, Mr Dellzeqq.

Being a United fan I am happy and relieved that he's staying. For whatever the reason. I was more concerned about Rooney leaving than any of the big names leaving in the past. At least, i think so.

My bitter, City-supporting brother will have to cut himself another slice of humble pie. :tongue: Re-warmed in the microwave.

hypnose

rooney shoulda left a long time ago.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Could Rooney be another George Best?

There are parallels, the burden of playing in a fading team which he is expected to carry may be proving too much for him and effecting his form and appetite for the game. In Best's time the team had been allowed to age by Busby and some of the senior players were becoming openly contemptous of him, today Man U are losing their dominance because of the financial situation at the club which is effecting the quality of the side.

Best turned to drink because he couldn't cope with the situation, perhaps Rooney's dis-satisfaction will manifest itself in burnout.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
A friend just posted this on Facebook:

" Wayne Rooney and Sir Alex Ferguson have changed their Facebook status from "In a relationship" to "It's complicated".

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A contact I have told me that bookies stopped taking bets on Rooney staying when he was supposed to be going after a number of very high value bets were placed on him staying. The bets were placed in the Merseyside area. Make of that what you will. He also told me that Rooney was on his way to City with terms verbally agreed.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
This could so easily have been you ianrauk
laugh.gif

[attachment=1228:wayne-rooney-man-city-fan-tattooo.jpg]

Not the 1st idiot City fan and won't be the last I'm sure
tongue.gif

PMSL - that is the funniest thing I have seen all year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Attachments

• laugh.gif
    laugh.gif
    771 bytes · Views: 22
  • laugh.gif
    laugh.gif
    771 bytes · Views: 29
  • laugh.gif
    laugh.gif
    771 bytes · Views: 25

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This could so easily have been you ianrauk
laugh.gif

[attachment=1228:wayne-rooney-man-city-fan-tattooo.jpg]

Not the 1st idiot City fan and won't be the last I'm sure
tongue.gif

That is just friggin' ridiculous.. the guy must be thick beyond belief.
It reminds me of the Newcastle fan who had an Andy Cole tattoo done the day before he moved to Manure

Top Bottom