Bye Bye Rooney Bye Bye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
Footballers are all a bunch of overpaid people anyway. They have no sense of money and their attitudes stink a lot of the time. All those players who have had a lot of negative publicity in the last few years deserve everything they are getting and more.

That is undeniable.

I vaguely recall hearing that Rooney wanted £160, 000 a week or £1,920,000 a year, £22857 per day, £952/hour, £15.86 a minute. 27 pence a second.

For something as trivial as football, entertaining though it may be, that is quite ridiculous. It's so ridiculous I can't begin to describe how ridiculous it actually is on any meaningful scale.

Bird Brain

How about Roy Keane saying players are treated like pieces of meat...

On 50k a week instead of £200 I don't think that would bother me too much as it doesn't now.

Welcome to the real world RK.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That £160K a week could finance 6 full time A+E nurses for a year... so over a year.... multiplied by 10 [say, as the rest of the squad won't be on [quite[ that much.... multiplied by 20 teams just in the premiership. that means the Premiership players wage bill alone could pay for the staff salaries for A+E in 200 hospitals every year.... now <b>that's</b> sick!<br><br>i know the figures are very vague but it's the principle.... as BB says pay them for playing but make it sensible.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That £160K a week could finance 6 full time A+E nurses for a year... so over a year.... multiplied by 10 [say, as the rest of the squad won't be on [quite[ that much.... multiplied by 20 teams just in the premiership. that means the Premiership players wage bill alone could pay for the staff salaries for A+E in 200 hospitals every year.... now <b>that's</b> sick!<br><br>i know the figures are very vague but it's the principle.... as BB says pay them for playing but make it sensible.
And how would you get the money from the clubs to finance those A&E wages if they didn't pay it to the players?

Archie_tect

And how would you get the money from the clubs to finance those A&E wages if they didn't pay it to the players?

Good point Smokin Joe.... knew there must be a flaw in the argument somewhere!

Archie_tect

It gets rather boring when yet another person who has no interest in football feels the need to post on a football thread to tell everyone how he hates it. If it doesn't appeal then don't take part and come on insulting those of us who are interested.

Love football- hate wasting money!

Renard

"It's been a difficult week but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United," Ferguson told the club's website.

"Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand.

"I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.

"I'm pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United's great players.

"It shows character and belief in what we stand for.

"I'm sure everyone involved with the Club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of."

Keith Oates

Janner
I hope he get's back his confidence and form but somehow I'm not so sure as he's been 'off the boil' for quite a while now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom