Bye Bye Rooney Bye Bye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D'you really think United would sell Rooney to City? Come on folks, be sensible. Anyway, I was there when Everton lost 3-0 at Old Trafford the season before Rooney was bought and he stole the show.....in fact I can't remember a performance from a youngster to come anywhere near (eat your heart out Walcott), and that in a well-beaten side.
Rooney will go, and probably not play much more for United between now and January, but where he goes will be of United's choosing- be of no doubt.
As far as the debt goes, if everything goes t*ts up with the Glazers, you can be sure that there will be a huge scramble to buy this club.

Chelsea are winning trophies BECAUSE of Abramovich, United are winning trophies DESPITE the Glazers. Says it all really.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
United cannot choose where Rooney goes. At the end of the season he will be able to buy himself out of his contract for around five million and become a free agent. He holds all the aces.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
If Man U are uncertain about whether they can keep Rooney he will go in January. They can't afford to keep him longer than that because his transfer value will plummet as his contract runs down.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the money. They really need it to lower their crippling debt which is edging towards a billion quid, but the team is ageing and no longer has the quality to be the force it was, which itself will impact on future income. I think they will become another Liverpool, perhaps imploding to an even greater degree because of the sums involved.

Is it really heading towards a billion pounds? Surely they'll go tits up if that's the case.

postman

Legendary Member
Who cares ?

Kiss the badge this week ,kiss my ar** next week .

Overpaid everyone of them .

Todays footie is garbage .

You should have seen the teams that laid the foundations of these clubs .

Shanks Liverpool,Matt;s Man U.Allisons City,Joe Mercer also at City

At least they could stand up .Fist fights Bremner Mckay,Keegan ,Hunter ,Frannie Lee .Hard men .Harris at Chelsea .

The list goes on and a proper European Cup .Only the Champions .

Not this money grabbing league thing now .

Even Match of the Day is boring .Blame the Ref for everything .shoot happens get over it .

U

User482

So who thinks that Rooney will go on to bigger and better things at a new club? Looking at some of the illustrious names shiiped out of Old Trafford over the years, I'd say history is against him. I think he'll be washed up within 5 years, the point at which he should be at his peak.

darth vadar

Über Member
If they built a new football stadium at the bottom of my garden I still wouldn't go and watch.

The most overated sport in the history of the world.

U

User482

If they built a new football stadium at the bottom of my garden I still wouldn't go and watch.

Yet you took the time to post about it. ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

We're all stunned and shocked, we didn't realise that there are people with your views out there who are managing to live happy and fulfilled lives. We are so grateful to you for showing us another way.

All though I daresay there are some who think that if a subject doesn't interest you you should just piss off and find one that does.

Going to a spanish club would be a big mistake for him. Anyone remember Michael Owen after he left Liverpool? Thought not. I can see the same thing happening here.
Like any commodity Rooney is only worth what a club is prepared to pay for his contract and wages. His very public desire to leave is different from another club wanting to buy him and offering big wages and transfer fee to get him. If money is the reason for wanting to go he may find offers are not as generous as ManU are offering for renwal.

Oh, and from Fergusons interview: 'he was rested for the Sunderland game, so that he could be fit to play for England, his country, and try to regain his form'
When has Fergie ever given a hoot about the England team? There has been suspicions of 'knocks' to ManU players so that they don't play the internationals so are fit and fresh for subsequent important club matches.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Isn't there some new UEFA directive about having a certain number of "home grown" players in the squad? That would make him somewhat more valuable for an English team.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Although not a footie fan, I'm gonna go against the flow and try stick-up a bit for Rooney here.

Firstly, he can't help how he looks, so that kind of name calling is to be honest pretty sad. I'm sure you're all beautiful out there in CC land.
The lad's done good on the whole, he'd pretty-much stuck with his childhood sweetheart (although screwed-up recently), has generally played well for club and country. That footie gives these people too much money and god-like status is footies fault not that of its better players.
I think (apart from not keeping his knob in his trousers) what has contributed to much of the public' vitriol we're now seeing against him is down to his performance (or lack of it) in the World Cup. He was clearly not on-form. We know how that is even with our mundane sporting acievements. However much he cared about winning or whatever, he should not have been played and that is the fault of Capello. He probably did hid best, but at the time that wasn't good enough.

I hope he doesn't get headstrong about the situation with Ferguson. Given a sensible transfer and expectation he should be able to rise again to be one of England's better players and that should be a good thing shouldn't it?
Maybe we should give the kid a break?

Top Bottom