Bye Bye Rooney Bye Bye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
We're all stunned and shocked, we didn't realise that there are people with your views out there who are managing to live happy and fulfilled lives. We are so grateful to you for showing us another way.

All though I daresay there are some who think that if a subject doesn't interest you you should just piss off and find one that does.

Oh yeah, and I can also string a sentence together without swearing.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd put Man City as favourites, not only for the money but I bet he'd like to link up with Trevez again.
yup! Tevez has been playing like a demon for City, and Rooney must have noticed. And wouldn't City just love taking him away from United! What I doubt, though, is that on his present form he would get in to the City team - and if they have all that money surely they would get somebody better?

And......would Manchester United prefer to make him work out his contract to selling him to City?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
yup! Tevez has been playing like a demon for City, and Rooney must have noticed. And wouldn't City just love taking him away from United! What I doubt, though, is that on his present form he would get in to the City team - and if they have all that money surely they would get somebody better?

And......would Manchester United prefer to make him work out his contract to selling him to City?
And lose 50 million quid?

That's not how Yanks do business - especially Yanks who are skint.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think that nobody, not even City, would pay twice the price of David Silva for Rooney. Would they?
If they were confident he was going to return to his previous form, I think they wouldn't hesitate.

I wouldn't be surprised either if Rooney hasn't played his last game for Man U. He's off form, supposedly carrying an injury and not exactly in the boss's good books. He is probably going to get some fierce stick from the home crowd and unless they can all kiss and make up it may already be over.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
5 Live have been speculating. One chap reckons it's money, and that he's been tapped up. Steve Claridge doesn't think it's money. Another pundit was wondering whether his missus is kicking him out and he wants away from Manchester. Another was wondering whether he took objection to Ferguson dropping him for the game against Everton. Yet another thought was that Ferguson always gets shot of players that get too big for their boots.

I reckon he'll either go to Chelsea or an Italian club.

I can't help thinkng it's sh*t or bust for Chelsea this season as regards the CL. Despite what you read there is not much coming through at Stamford Bridge as regards raw (and new) talent . Ol' Roman seems to be getting a bit miffed with bankrolling an ageing team. (He wanted Spurs anyway)
In England, the biggest winner from all this is Arsene......... :whistle:

Well, I'd swap Jay Simpson and a slap up pattie and chips meal for Rooney

Peter10

Footballers are all a bunch of overpaid people anyway. They have no sense of money and their attitudes stink a lot of the time. All those players who have had a lot of negative publicity in the last few years deserve everything they are getting and more.

U

User482

Footballers are all a bunch of overpaid people anyway. They have no sense of money and their attitudes stink a lot of the time. All those players who have had a lot of negative publicity in the last few years deserve everything they are getting and more.

If you were offered a pay rise, would you refuse it on the grounds that it's too much?

Personally, I do find the amount they earn to be obscene, but you can hardly blame them for taking what's on offer. And their behaviour, for good or ill, is entirely consistent with any other group of young men.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
5 Live have been speculating. One chap reckons it's money, and that he's been tapped up. Steve Claridge doesn't think it's money. Another pundit was wondering whether his missus is kicking him out and he wants away from Manchester. Another was wondering whether he took objection to Ferguson dropping him for the game against Everton. Yet another thought was that Ferguson always gets shot of players that get too big for their boots.

I reckon he'll either go to Chelsea or an Italian club.
ooohhh! I love Radio 5 when it gets all 'inside story'.

The Grauniad (admittedly not the last word in football intelligence) surveyed all the prospective teams and pretty much dismissed them all., and of the overseas Big 4 only Real ticked boxes. Rooney swaps with Benzema? Like others, I think if he goes to Real he'll disappear.

I agree with TheBoyBilly. Manchester United have got to spend huge sums of money to maintain their position, and they don't have it. One could forgive Wenger a little smile....

yello

Personally, I do find the amount they earn to be obscene, but you can hardly blame them for taking what's on offer. And their behaviour, for good or ill, is entirely consistent with any other group of young men.

Yep. That's pretty much my take on it too.

People talk (and are talking) about Ferguson's mind games but I reckon he's been blind sided by this one and is genuinely shocked and disappointed. Maybe Rooney's agent is stirring it up, maybe Rooney is genuinely p*ssed off - who knows? I don't think Ferguson wants rid either way. That said, Ferguson's been around too long and I reckon that if he feels there's no way to get Rooney to stay then Rooney will not get another start in a Man U shirt. It'll be 'king is dead, long live the king'. Tbh, I don't think Man U would miss Rooney, they've got talent to cover. Their (well, Ferguson's) biggest concern, I suspect, is that he doesn't go to another English club.

Top Bottom