Bye Bye Rooney Bye Bye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
Rooney hasn't been right since that German stamped on his ankle in the Champions League. I doubt being forced back to play before he was ready, or playing in the World Cup has helped him recover neither. I wonder when he is going to recover his form.

he's said he doesnt have an ankle prolem hasnt he (as part of the obvious 'want out' moaning)... though yeah fergie brought him back too early and he was obviously still suffering during the world cup..

bloke at work says he keeps going to a hospital near his house..... well i think its an hospital not massage parlour ;) .

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If Man U are uncertain about whether they can keep Rooney he will go in January. They can't afford to keep him longer than that because his transfer value will plummet as his contract runs down.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the money. They really need it to lower their crippling debt which is edging towards a billion quid, but the team is ageing and no longer has the quality to be the force it was, which itself will impact on future income. I think they will become another Liverpool, perhaps imploding to an even greater degree because of the sums involved.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
If Man U are uncertain about whether they can keep Rooney he will go in January. They can't afford to keep him longer than that because his transfer value will plummet as his contract runs down.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the money. They really need it to lower their crippling debt which is edging towards a billion quid, but the team is ageing and no longer has the quality to be the force it was, which itself will impact on future income. I think they will become another Liverpool, perhaps imploding to an even greater degree because of the sums involved.
they'd like to, but he's played for Manchester United in the Champions League this season. And, again, who's going to buy him? Would Rooney go to Bayern as a makeweight in the Ribery deal? Italian clubs don't want players who act up, Real Madrid (whose manager might just have the ability to rescue him) have plenty of strikers, Barcelona have better players and, in any case, he doesn't want to go overseas.

Which leaves, in approximate order of moneybagsworthiness, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, QPR, Liverpool (if Mr. Henry opens his wallet wide), Newcastle, Celtic (Rangers are skint) and Sunderland. I'm sure they'd all take him, but with the exception of the first two you're not talking £30m. And, if he wanted to, he could go back to Everton on a free in 2012.

The more I think about this the more I think that Ferguson just has to swing Rooney's head around - and, if there's anybody that can do it, he can.

jimboalee

He'll be off to LA Galaxy 'cus his missus wants to crack the North American fashion industry.

jimboalee

The title of this thread is an adaptation of the Al Jolson song "Toot, Toot, Tootsie, Good bye".

Are you that old?

A freudian slip I see, 'Cus another of Mr Jolson's songs was "California, here I come". :laugh:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think Mr Ferguson will be selling him, and possibly some others too... then just before the team spectacularly fails to deliver the goods he'll retire and be assured that no-one will be able to follow in his footsteps and be widely regarded as a footballing management God by the legions of knuckle draggers adoring fans.

Cynical... moi?? ;)

Top Bottom