C and B Seen Commuter Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
As I mentioned in a recent lights thread I'd ordered the C and B Seen Commuter kit. Ordered yesterday morning and arrived this morning while I was out(typical but impressive from RM)

So here are some pics of the unboxing,casing and fitting Pics of working lights to follow.

Lovely soft case

i0FHJbQ.jpg

Neat packing :smile:

e1bmBJG.jpg

Left > Right

6cell battery - 4cell battery(ordered as a spare) - Front - Rear - Charger - Headstrap - Diffuser - Mount rubbers - Y splitter - Destruction manual

RNcsbtq.jpg

Front mounted and good comparison in size to a Garmin Edge 800.

MiYhBjw.jpg

Rear roughly mounted (ooh err :wub:) Sorry about the flash and the flirtatious mudguard :smile: I won't apologise for the dirty MTB:laugh:

PF9qeu1.jpg

@Buzzinonbikes

Buzzinonbikes

Looks good! Had much chance to test them yet?

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Not in complete darkness but I did have them on just now. Even tilted down they throw light pretty serious distance.

Maybe get a chance at the weekend to test them in proper darkness + diffuser. I'm impressed so far though

Buzzinonbikes

Sounds good. I managed to get a pretty good deal on a MS 808E so gone for that! Looking forward to it :biggrin: taken hours of obsessive forum searches and review reading. Glad it's over now haha

Buzzinonbikes

Club run last night was epic with new light! Not sure about the wide angle lens though, think it cuts the throw quite a bit. Mine is an OP reflector though so maybe it already is not as spotty. Switched back to regular lens and fashioned a hood. See how we get on!
ysaza4ug.jpg

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Looks interesting!

Put mine to use last night, they are amazing lights. Need to angle the rear down as it was blinding my mate and tried to fit the diffuser earlier and lost hope..

Although, I was out in a deluge - a bit damp in the battery case but otherwise sturdy stuff so far.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Managed to fit the diffuser yesterday (it was too fiddly for my patience). Wasn't out late enough last night to properly see the result but there was definitely less of a hot spot. The throw of light across the road seemed a lot softer too, which can only benefit oncoming traffic.

*Rear light is still bright enough to land planes with ;)
** Had both lights on flash / dual flash for 5hrs or so on wednesday during very changeable weather. Took very little time to recharge - spare battery unused (that's a good thing? :laugh:)

***Also re-wrapped the batteries in duct tape and vaseline'd the connectors just to be on the safe side.

Kies

Club run last night was epic with new light! Not sure about the wide angle lens though, think it cuts the throw quite a bit. Mine is an OP reflector though so maybe it already is not as spotty. Switched back to regular lens and fashioned a hood. See how we get on!
ysaza4ug.jpg

Been looking for either a lens or a reflector for my cree. Where did you get it fork and does it work?
Love the output of the cree,just need to direct the light a little

Buzzinonbikes

Been looking for either a lens or a reflector for my cree. Where did you get it fork and does it work?
Love the output of the cree,just need to direct the light a little

I didn't care much for the wide angle lens. It was slightly too thick for my MS which means it wouldn't seal properly. I also thought it limited the throw quite significantly to be used on its own. The hood is just made from some plastic from a liquitab box with tin foil underneath secured with cable ties. Does a nice job of keeping light out of the trees/in people's eyes.

Moda

Looks great, my only concern would be the batteries in the lights.... could work out very expensive in the long run.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got two of the rears and run them on a home brew battery pack. Very bright indeed.

Replacement battery packs can be had for less than £20. Expect to pay more for better quality packs.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

I've got two of the rears and run them on a home brew battery pack. Very bright indeed.

Replacement battery packs can be had for less than £20. Expect to pay more for better quality packs.
I was told off by clubmates for my single rear being too bright :biggrin: Fair enough if they are sitting in my wheel. I ended up moving battery off seatpost so I could move the light right down.

Still has a 5mm wedge in it to change the angle but only compliments on wednesdays night run. Can be seen from massive distance but isn't blinding close..

REEEESULT!

Top Bottom