C+/Bike Radar/CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
I occasionally look in but not a fan. Has anybody seen their classifieds recently? There are some draconian rules which are heavily enforced meaning that every other thread has been deleted by the mods....it's impossible to concentrate on the live threads.

Arch

Married to Night Train
redddraggon said:
The intelligence level of regular poster on here, seems loads higher than Bikeradar. However there does seem to be a lot more clueless n00bs on here though.

Which is a good thing, I think - must mean we are approachable and all that...

I very very rarely look at BR - I think CC would have to be down for days...

I'm also on the Velo Vision Forum, of course, although that doen't have the same level of traffic...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Gunner Rodgers said:
I went and started my own Forum up after the Great C+ introspective wars, and very succesful it is too.

Don't know what happened to Kendodd, Derall, and others, etc., etc.

Yenrod was here until very recently. Where's your forum then, Gunner?

postman

Legendary Member
Have been on BR asking questions about bikes before i bought Spesh .
And afterwards to say how good it was .

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Gunner Rodgers said:
I went and started my own Forum up after the Great C+ introspective wars, and very succesful it is too.

Don't know what happened to Kendodd, Derall, and others, etc., etc.
I miss you man! Was telling some of the Sunday London Ride guys about you last week, you're a freaking legend of the North!

What's the address of your forum?

jpembroke

I look at Bikeradar every couple of months or so. This reminds me why I only look at it every couple of months or so.

Can anyone on there actually spell?

brockers

postman said:
Have been on BR asking questions about bikes before i bought Spesh .
And afterwards to say how good it was .

Oh yes. You apparently have to ride a Specialized bike* of some description to be on BikeRadar too! Preferably with some flavour of Kysirium [sic] wheels.

*nothing wrong with these mind, it's just that they all seem to have them.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I used to like the old C+ forum, where I had a different username. There were some entertaining posters on there before they mostly decamped after a falling out on moderation policy. A misguided sense of loyalty made me reluctant to leave C+, but I couldn't get the hang of Bike Radar after they closed down the C+ forum, so I felt free to leave. I joined Gentlemen Cyclists and Soriety Sisters forum for a while, but it's not for me.

rustychisel

Flying_Monkey said:
I was on the original C+ Forum (before the one before Bike Radar)! I didn't join the exodus but I did join ACF when it started too, but was never that active there... I never liked Bike Radar.....

'lo all. this about sums it up for me. I spend time on some other forums (serotta, Australian Cycling Forum ACF, etc).

Keith Oates

Janner
I started with C+ and enjoyed it until the big shake up and then came here. I've signed up with other forums and visit them occasionally but this remains my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom