C+/Bike Radar/CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
I think Arch put a msg on BR about this place.

I did - Mr Paul fetched me over, and we both posted a few "Come on over!" type posts - although I seem to remember that after a while they got deleted...

That was a funny time. C+ and some supportive folk on there had been quite important to me through a bad time, and when it all changed, it was quite a shock. Finding CC was like coming home.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
There just can't be that many serious cyclists around :smile:

;) Could I hazard a guess who Ben is? Is it worth starting a thread about mudguards?

U

User482

Apart from geeky drooling over vintage Breezers on retrobike, this is my home. I think I was part of the big exodus from BR.

redjedi

Über Member
When I started cycling to work a few years ago I joined BR. Then I stumbled upon this place and hardly ever go back to BR.
Occasionally I stick my head in, but soon retreat back to the comforting bosom of CC :smile:

Surprisingly I still get people clicking on pictures of my first Bianchi (rip) from BR. A picture I don't even remember posting.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was on C+ though fairly quite ... I was usually afraid of asking a question and being told I was stupid. Was one of the later ones in the first big swap - so nearly 3 years ago. I couldn't cope with the new structure in BR so came here ... I sometimes peek at other forums but I'm not registered at them, I always come back here.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Joined C+ in Oct 2003 :sad:
Also enjoy gentlemencyclists.org on a fairly frequent basis, pop over to yacf now and then, and Bikeradar less often.
I like the simple company layout here :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I joined BR first, and still post over there most regularly. In terms of posting & reading, here second (mostly on account of FNRttC, but I do look around elsewhere), YACF third. I like all three, and I certainly wouldn't want to favour one over the others.

BR might seem a bit cliquey to some, but Commuting at least isn't. I've met some really great people over there, had a brilliant weekend road riding in Wales with some of them, and have had a few meet ups, next one in Richmond Park on Saturday. I have of course met equally lovely people through CC & YACF and rides organised thereon :biggrin:

I posted for a while (IIRC about 6months) on C+ under a different user name; I was just getting used to it though when it closed down. I tried BR but never really got on with it, then somebody suggested this place, so I thought I'd come along, 7000 and so posts later (probably mostly garbage) I'm still here :-)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I was also a C+ member and liked it a lot, it was my first forum. I remember the first exodus to ACF (a forum I never got on with) and then there was the great BR debacle. Like others I never adapted to the awful layout of BR, it's sudden increase in scale and all those chuffin' MTB'ers :biggrin:
I spotted one of Arch's 'follow me to CC' posts (thanks Arch) and spied a lot of my fave posters... it's still my preferred forum thanks to the core membership and the gentle hand of of Shaun on the tiller.
I kept an eye on ACF and was not unhappy with it's implosion due to the smiley debacle. The effective re-birth as YACF was a good thing in my book and whilst I don't post there often, I read a lot.
C+/CC/YACF have given me great pleasure, I've laughed a lot, really a lot, I've sometimes shed a tear, and I have always felt welcome, but most of all I have learned stuff and considered opinions I would never have thought about before. I have changed my mind about several issues due to debate here.
You're obviously a weird bunch of feckers and I love you all.

leyton condor

Veteran
I can remember C+, surely it was not ten years ago?
I don't post that much here but read quite a lot, I read a bit on yacf which is quite a nice site, BR don't really like it.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was on C+ though fairly quite ... I was usually afraid of asking a question and being told I was stupid. Was one of the later ones in the first big swap - so nearly 3 years ago. I couldn't cope with the new structure in BR so came here ... I sometimes peek at other forums but I'm not registered at them, I always come back here.

A later post mentioned BR being cliquey, but C+ certainly could be at times. Your words above ring true for me, i remember asking what seemed a normal question and got flamed by several members who were obviously close. Saw it quite a bit. That said, i loved C+.
BR just didnt do it for me...hated it. Christ was i pleased when CC started. Never venture anywhere but here.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
A later post mentioned BR being cliquey, but C+ certainly could be at times. Your words above ring true for me, i remember asking what seemed a normal question and got flamed by several members who were obviously close. Saw it quite a bit.

I like to think that we don't do that on here even when we see the same question again and again - and sometimes new points come to light from an old question where you thought you knew it all anyway.

Top Bottom