1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C Ya Later alligators!! I'm leaving in the morning..

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 17 Aug 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...I'm off on tour tomorrow morning. It's my first tour so i am going to take it easy and spend time riding all over east anglia. I have a full touring camping load. I know B&B's are available but I dont have much cash, and I also am using this as a practice tour for bigger and better things to come. ...as well as losing a few more pounds I hope to gain a load of experience.

Weather forcast for the weekend is 100% Cr%p...oh well...it wouldn't be a proper English tour if it wasn't I suppose.:ohmy:

I think the load is a little heavier than I would like as well...but I am at a loss as to what to leave behind....so if anybody feels like following me up a few hills they'll be sure to pick up a few ditched bargains as I chuck stuff out on the way up cursing and huffing, cussing and puffing...:ohmy:!

Ok...so...I'll post again in a couple of weeks if I survive:biggrin:

If anybody is up that way and sees a big guy on a loaded bike with bright orange panniers...chances are that'll be me so say hello if you like!

Adios amigos

2. Regulator

Regulator Treachery is noble when aimed at tyranny.

Bye BTFB! Have a nice time and don't forget to watch out for the inbreds in Norfolk...

3. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Are the two not mutually exclusive? :ohmy:

Have fun! My first tour was from York to Happisburgh, so although I haven't ridden in East Anglia since, it has happy memories for me. Just remember, if you're going east, stop when you get to the edge!

4. Road Fiddler

Road Fiddler New Member

Have a great time mate

5. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

BTFB!
    Once bitten you won't want to stop. Good luck and have fun.
    Keep us posted.
    Ride safely.

6. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Have a fantastic time!!! Look forward to hearing how it went.

7. xilios

xilios Über Member

Good luck, :-)

8. Wobbly John

Wobbly John Veteran

If the weather picks up next week I might have another pootle round North Norfolk. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Good luck

9. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

BTFB, when you get back you will have to rate all the advice you have been given over the last few weeks;)

I hope you have a great time, and if you get really stuck my brother and my mother live in Brandon, near Thetford. Get to an internet cafe and pm me, they'll put you up I'm sure. Although having said that, my brother is a bit of a self-gratification artist:wacko:

Keep us informed though, and have a great trip:biggrin:

10. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Have fun BTFB!! Remember, things have to go wrong now and then, that's what makes it an adventure :ohmy:

11. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

G'luck dood.

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Hope it all goes well Bigfella, look forward to reading your 'report' when you get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. DLB

DLB Senior Member

bring us all a stick of rock back - and don't forget the postcards (DLB c/o bikechat should do the trick)

14. jags

jags Veteran

btfb ,,hope you have a brilliant time,you might be in luck with the weather,sure hope so,,take it easy and enjoy the craic,,

15. You're probably gone already but bftb have a great time, enjoy!