C Ya Later alligators!! I'm leaving in the morning..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Although.. I would've killed the horse and slept in its steaming warm carcass.

videoman

Guru
Thanks for the write up and photos. This part of the forum has been so quiet without you over the last week. I would also like to do some gentle touring along the lines of your rides.

Slowgrind

Could you do a ride like this every couple of weeks and post a write up at the end of each trip? I thought it made an entertaining read, and sounded like a great trip.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..hmm...thanks for reading ...dunno 'bout every few weeks though...it's a good idea...would keep me in the saddle...I'm already getting into the initial planning of next years tour...bigger, better, further,...& more foreign!...meantime i will see if I can get a few mini trips in before the winter sets in..

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Fab write up! I really admire you for not giving up when you were wet and cold...I'm a notoriously fairweather cyclist!!! It sounds like it's been a really character building trip actually - you should feel very proud of yourself. I bet you've come out feeling like a much stronger, bigger person than when you started!!

And welcome back!!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Thankyou.

It was a charachter building trip and I am proud of myself for having done it. I know by many peoples standards it was just a drop in th eocean in terms of distance etc...but for me it was a challenge, and one I think I overcome.

I have to be honest and say that the main driving factor keeping me going in the rain and wind was that i had nowhere else to go but onwards. Home was a long way back in the same bad weather and there was nobody there anyway except my fish!

It was a case of forward is the best way out of this mess at times:biggrin:

Stronger for the experience....I hope so, time will tell. i ceretainly enjoyed it, and looking back, the challenges and weather made the trip what it was...a compacted 10 days of learning...I would not have learnt as much had the weather been perfect all the way.

Top Bottom