C2C B&B's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Looking at doing the C2C next weekend as a B&B trip over 3 nights and 4 days - so about 30 miles per day

How does this sound as a route ?

Base camp at Keswick.

Day one - Get taxi to Whitehaven and cycle 30 miles back to tent at Keswick. (Is it possible to get taxis to take bikes in Keswick ????)

Day two - Keswick tent to a B&B in the Langwarthby area (28 miles)

Day three - Langwarthby to a B&B in Allenheads area (28 miles)

Day four - Allenheads to Sunderland (48 miles) looks pretty flat. Then get a taxi back to tent in Keswick

Has anyone experience of the C2C taxi companies ? Costs ?

Can anyone recommend B&B's to use (or not use) in the Langwarby or Allenheads area

Can you just turn up at the B&B's or are the likely to be booked up ?

If the last day of 50 or so miles from Allenheads to Sunderland as flat as it looks on the map ?

user_offline.gif

The Allenheads Inn is an experience. Nice pub, great landlady, bonkers locals, accommodation - basic but OK. It's either that or the bunkhouse - that's about it as far as I know. There's also a good caf in Allenheads too called The Hemmel.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
The Allenheads Inn looked busy with C2Cers, but I didn't stay there.

There's a bit of climbing in the first 10 miles outside Allenheads - a climb out the village and then a NASTY climb from Stanhope up to Parkhead but after that it's downhill all the way, so I think you'll be fine.

I don't remember Langwathby at all.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Why camp at Keswick & leave your tent there ;) You're going to pay a fortune in taxi fares, surely it would be cheaper to b&B the whole way & not bother with the tent & taxis ?

The b&bs may be quiet, but limited numbers of them in specific areas so maybe best to book in advance

& yes the last 50 miles or so are as flat as they look on the map. I did it earlier this year & the last day set off from Alston at 9am & was in Sunderland before 3pm. IIRC all the serious climbing was over by around 12 :biggrin:

melliff

When we did the C2C in 2005 we stopped overnight in Langwathby and stayed here: http://www.langstanes.co.uk/. It was very comfortable and we got a good breakfast. It's not very big so booking is probably a good idea. We had a good evening meal at The Shepherds Inn on the village green.

OP
OP
Brains

Brains

Legendary Member
Ok sorted out the B&B's now need the transport Keswick to Whitehaven (and sort out the weather, does not look great)

Thanks for the Langstanes B&B - booked it, and the Allenheads pub

Top Bottom